I Fight.

Inspiration hits like a soccer ball to the face; unexpectedly, painfully, but bolstering of the reputation and willingness to do things. But mostly painful.

-Fieryphoenix15

The black tank top and matching cargo pants I tugged on were worn out but sturdy, perfect for the fight against the Newborns today. I slipped the knives from Jasper into the belt loops and began yanking my hair -which was in desperate need of a trim- into a ponytail. 

I saw Billy's reflection in my vanity and met his eyes. "Where's Jake?"

"He already left. Had trouble sleeping." Billy's eyes were forlorn and dread emanated off him in waves. His hands clutched the armrests of his wheelchair, his wrinkled face displaying how the past year with Jacob and I had aged him sooner.

"We'll be fine." I offered him a light smile, "I've got Jakey's back." Billy chuckled at the nickname that horrified my little half-brother.

I winked, "you can't get rid of me just yet!" I gave Billy a hug before setting out to the packhouse for the Newborn fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jared stared at me, his eyes squinting as he continually sniffed the air.

"What?" I demanded. The entire pack was on a nervous edge with the fight looming.

"Why do I smell vampire on you?" he retorted. Sam turned and sniffed the air before frowning, agreeing with his beta. I slid the knives across the table to the pair, grinning. Sam drew the knife, cocking his head before glancing at me.

"Vampire venom?" He asked, curiosity lacing his voice. "I didn't know that was possible." I nodded, smirking,

"It was a gift from Jasper." Sam's enlightened expression darkened but he offered no words or warnings. He handed the knife he had been wielding to me, hilt first, and I put it back into my belt loop. The other knife was being passed around so the pack could examine it -minus the imprints. Jared and Sam were overprotective of Kim and Emily- when there was a yelp of pain. 

I spun around, smelling blood in the air and my eyes landed on Seth. He held his palm away from himself as it dripped blood steadily onto the dark wood below. I rushed toward him, immediately putting pressure on it when the wound startlingly did not begin to heal.

"W-why isn't it healing?!" Seth said loudly, freaking out. Emily had run into the bathroom and I could hear her rummaging for bandages underneath the sink.

"It has vampire venom on it. . ." Embry realized. Emily gave me gauze and hydrogen peroxide to pour over the wound. Tears budded in Seth's eyes as he directed his attention away.

"Where did you learn that?" asked Leah after the pack had calmed down from the 'crisis'. 

"I took a First-Aid class in Mexico," I replied, rinsing my hands in the sink to rid myself of the blood from Seth. The knife now lay on the counter, sheathed and glared at with hate by Seth. "Yes, I know CPR Quil. No, I am not going to give you any." Quil groaned as I answered his unasked question. I carefully took the knife and put it in my other belt loop with its' twin. Turns out the knives caused as much damage -if not more- to shifters. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Seth's going to be with Edward and Bella at the campsite," Sam explained to Carlisle and Jasper in the clearing. "If the redhead brings others, Seth will assist." Sam was trying to keep the youngest pack member out of the fight.