I Read The Letter

This is a sad chapter. I'm sorry.

Caroline,

I wish this letter was written to you under better circumstances, but unfortunately, it is not. Do you recall when you were in the hospital, and you had blood drawn? I had wanted to tell you this in person but under recent events, I am not able to. Certain events like these should always be told in person in my opinion, but this is the best I could think of. 

Caroline, when your blood was analyzed for infection in case dehydration was not the only culprit of the decline of your health I stumbled upon a stunning revelation. You are not Charlie Swan's child.

This may come as a shock, but you are indeed your mother's blood and Billy Black's. I have researched further into this and found that your mother had another reason when she left Charlie; she was pregnant with Billy's child, you. They both agreed that what happened would stay between them and Renee told Charlie it was his child. Meaning since the events of last night, you have Quileute blood.

After this shocking revelation, I am afraid I must ask one thing, however. You cannot let this letter fall into the hands of Bella. Edward has let me write this one letter to you for the reason I put this. She must not know, Edward would think it better for after he leaves Bella thinks you are still her full-blooded sister.

I hope you lead a wonderful life, fulfilling and beautiful,

Carlisle Cullen

I slid down my wall and stifled a sob with my hand as I reread the letter. Billy was my father. That was why he was always supportive, and kind. He always knew what was on my mind, and he had let me live with Charlie all these years without protest. My own father hadn't wanted me. My chest tightened at the thought as put the letter in my pocket and grabbed my motorcycle helmet.

I bet 10million dollars Edward had known what was in that letter and he was counting on the contents to send me to Billy and not Bella. And indeed it was. Ten minutes later after breaking the speed limit the whole way there, I knocked on Billy's door, trying to be polite. When Jacob opened the door and saw my tight, trembling figure he asked me what was wrong.

"Nothing Jacob. Could I talk to Billy, please?" I asked, strained. He hesitated for a second before opening the door.

"Dad! Caroline's here!" shouted Jacob, eyeing my practically fiery demeanor and shooting out to his garage. Billy wheeled in a moment later.

"Caroline? What's happened?" he asked gingerly as if he might set off a bomb.

"You wanna know what's wrong?" I snapped, thrusting the letter in his hands. He glanced at it, then back up at me before reading it. His face turned pale then stony before he handed it back.

"It's not what you think," he said, almost pleading. "We were drunk, I didn't want to ruin my relationship with your father. Renee agreed and it killed me to let you live with my best friend all these years. My own daughter referred to me as Uncle Billy. It hurt so bad to only see you several times a year. Then you and Bella stayed with Renee, full time. After that you moved to Mexico," he trailed off.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" I asked, tears welling up as I crossed my arms.

"Once you were eighteen, Renee and I agreed," he said. "And since you have my blood, that means you could be a shifter. You need to be careful, not let your anger get the best of you," he said.

"How dare you tell me to watch my anger!" I shrieked, exploding in a ball of rage. "You have no right to tell me what to do! You didn't want to tell your best friend you cheated on him with his wife and left me to deal with the consequences! You let your own daughter! Your daughter! Live with him because you didn't have the guts!" I screamed. He looked down, ashamed.

"I tried-"

"Well, you obviously didn't try hard enough," I spat. "I have a brother! Jacob is my brother!" I yelled at him. 

"Caroline, you need to calm down, you're shaking," he pleaded. My whole body was shaking and I was more furious than ever in my entire life. Angrier than when Triston's pack told me I should be dead from the severed bond. Angrier when my friends stopped talking to me because I was depressed. Angrier than when I realized I was terrible for cutting myself. Angrier than when I could feel a piece of myself die when Trishton did, knowing I could never love again because my one true love was dead.

The back door burst open and Jacob looked between me and Billy.

"What's going on?" he asked tentatively as if we were both grenades.

"I was just leaving," I snapped, slamming the front door behind me and speeding towards Charlie's house. I flopped on my bed and screamed into a pillow before realizing the house was empty and I could scream as loud as I wanted. I did, my voice breaking at the volume. Jesus Christ, my whole life had been a lie.