I Go Cliff-Diving

Sorry to disappoint! It's just a bit of filler! ;p

"Carol! The phone's for you!" shouted Charlie from downstairs. My ears hurt from the loud yell even though it probably wasn't even that loud. I flop downstairs and scratch my head, fighting off drowsiness.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone, not bothering to ask Charlie who it was.

"Hey Ro! Wanna hang out today?" asked a familiar voice. I wasn't even supposed to talk to him but the Alpha order forced me to tell Jake we couldn't hang out anymore.

"Hey, Jacob. W-we can't hang out anymore,"

"What? I-I don't understand Ro. You're not making sense,"

"We can't be friends anymore. Don't call me, don't talk to me," I said forcefully before hanging up. I ran up to my room and slammed the door, crying my eyes out.

My phone chirped and it took all my self-control to not chuck it through the window. I glared at it and saw it was from Paul.

Paul

We're all wanted at Emily's

Me

Okay, I'll be there

"Dad! I'm going over to Emily's!" I bellowed. I started my motorcycle and it roared down the road, arriving at Emily's in 20 minutes. I knocked politely on the door and Emily smiled at me.

"You never have to knock Carol. You're always welcome," she insisted, allowing me inside.

"Patrol's today," said Sam's commanding voice. "Jared and Caroline have the beach. Woods are after. Caroline, you have night watch until 2 am. Paul will take over for you after,"

I nearly sobbed at the thought of the pile of homework that awaiting me and my lost sleep, but I nodded. Later Jared and I were walking along the beach when I saw a familiar person sitting in the sand and throwing it at the ocean angrily.

"Oh shit," I muttered. Jared raised an eyebrow at my rare cursing and looked to see Jacob staring at us before getting up and running over.

"What the hell Caroline?! You abandon me for him?" he yelled in my face. I wasn't very experienced with not shifting and Jared could see.

"Hey, leave her alone man," he said gently.

"Don't damn tell me what to do!" he yelled in Jared's face before circling back at me. "You joined Sam's cult?!" he accused, now screaming.

"Jacob, stop," I said. He pushed me by my shoulders, sending him stumbling back a few steps from my sturdy frame.

"Probably because you wanted a new boyfriend since your last one died cause of you!" he snapped, then realized his mistake. "Ro, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it,"

But I was already shaking while Jared pulled me away and towards the forest. I was breathing heavily.

"Ro, come on," said Jared, continuing to drag me away from the apologizing Jacob who I would completely maul if I shifted. He succeeded to pull me into the forest before calming me down. 

"Come on Ro," said Jared, slightly unsure how to comfort me.

"He had no place!" I spat, punching a tree and leaving a dent. Jared awkwardly patted me on the back making me turn to him as we stared at each other before cracking up at each other's expression.

After we caught our breath, leaning against each other wheezing Jared wiped tears from the corner of his eyes.

"It's time for you to patrol the forest. You got it?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded before shifting but instead of the ripping of the clothing, there was nothing.

"Dude! How'd you do that?" asked Jared incredulously. I focused on shifting back and my clothes were completely intact on me.

"I. HAVE. NO. FRICKING. IDEA." I said, amazed. 

"Damn newbie, already doing things none of us can," smirked Jared before saying bye and leaving me to patrol the forest. The sunset before I realized I hadn't texted Charlie. Crap. If he asked where I was, I came back late and he was already asleep. I hated patrols.

*****Time Skip*****

Bella and Jake started hanging out. I think their spite towards me drove them together. Embry shifted two weeks ago and I wasn't the newbie anymore. The pack and I still hadn't been able to figure out how I shifted and kept my clothing. Emily and I enjoyed each other's company and we worked in the kitchen all the time.

Today though, we were going cliff diving. To be honest, I was terrified but couldn't wait. Bella had somehow gotten Jacob bikes of his own to fix up. I got along wonderfully with everyone in the pack. I had on short jean shorts and a black tank top with a see-through coverup on top of my tank top. 

"Embry! Embry! Embry!!" chanted Paul, Jared, and I. Sam was grinning as Paul, Jared, and I pushed Embry toward the cliff edge. He protested loudly, smiling the whole time before we pushed him off. I heard the screech of a car with my enhanced hearing and saw my sister and Jake get out to investigate.

"Hey, isn't that your sister Ro?" asked Jared. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Yes," 

"Then we can't disappoint!" laughed Paul as he caught me by surprise and threw me over the edge. I turned it into a graceful 'swan' dive, screaming the whole way down. The cold water felt amazing on my constant 108-degree skin and I came up grinning.

"Wooh!" I cheered with the three guys still on the cliff's edge. I swam out of the water and saw Bella's horrified expression and Jacob's angry one. I ignored them. I jogged back up the cliff to where we had all secretly agreed to gang up on Sam.

One, Two, Three! Embry mouthed as we all leaped at him. It was a flurry of limbs but we pushed him over as he gave us an 'I Will So Get You All Back' grin before he hit the water with a splash. I squeezed the excess water from my hair and as Sam ran all the way back up, growling playfully all of us yelled and jumped off together. Sam jumped after us, creating a huge splash mixed with ours. The air was full of squeals, shouts, and the occasional, 'Embry! Your gangly leg kicked me again!' While all of us treaded water and wrestled.  It was the most fun I'd ever had.