I Make Emily Cry On Accident

Twenty minutes from Forks, my phone started screeching demonically. I glanced at the unknown number before suspiciously answering it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Oh gosh! Thank god you picked up Carol!" greeted Alice. I did a double take before glancing back at my phone.

"How the heck did you get my number?" I said loudly, receiving a rude glare from the old lady sitting behind me. 

"Edward gave it to me!" she responded peppily like there was no problem with my phone number being passed around like a hot potato.

"How did he- You know what? Never mind." I muttered, rolling my eyes and creating a mental note to give Edward a piece of my mind about handing out my phone number. "Why are you calling me Alice?"

"Well, Edward called Carlisle and told him what happened and he told your pack-" I tried my best to listen to Alice's rambling, rubbing at my temples from a migraine that seemed to come and go when Alice was in my presence.

"Anyway," she finally ceased yabbering and turning serious, "Victoria is back. I saw her in my visions which is why Edward took Bella to her mom's."

"What the hell Alice?!" I shouted, receiving another dirty look from the old lady. "Why wouldn't you tell me?! I can help!"

"You shouldn't be fighting vampires in your condition-"

"Screw that," I spat angrily, already moving to hang up. "I'll be in La Push in ten minutes." I pressed the end call button sharply resulting in another tiny crack to spread across my phone. I swung my bag over my shoulder and stomped to the front of the long-distance bus.

" 'Scuse me, mister, I need to get off here." I told the middle-aged man driving the bus. He glanced around at the forest surrounding the road on all sides before looking at me like I was crazy.

He shook his head, "I can't drop you off here to leave you to get eaten by some wild animal-" I growled, cutting him off mid-way.

"Mister, I am not in the mood for you to try and look out for me. Now pull the bus over or I will jump out I swear on Emily's chocolate chip muffins." I said slowly and forcefully. His face turned a shade of white I hadn't seen before he turned on the hazard lights and pulled over to the side of the road. 

I stepped out of the bus I'd been cramped in for the last fifteen hours before dashing into the forest. Once I was sure the bus pulled away I shifted, gripping my overnight bag in my teeth. I ran as fast as my four legs could to Sam's house, noting nobody was in the wolf telepathy. I grabbed clothing from a hollowed-out tree, slipping on the oversized t-shirt and sweatpants.

I barged into the house, looking half demented with my hair every which way, dark bags, circles under my eyes, and the pale look my skin had taken on. Emily balked at my appearance before ushering me to a seat at the table, serving up a batch of sugar cookies. I immediately began scarfing them down for fear of wolfing out and hurting Emily.

"What are you doing back here Caroline?" she asked after a moment, concern lacing her voice. 

"Ran into some old friends of a dead friend, they kinda kicked me out of Florida and almost killed ol' Eddie. I saved him by promising to kill myself if he did something bad. Ya know, the typical vacation." I summed up, my voice a bit muffled from the cookies in my mouth. I was surprised when a swift slap to the back of my head greeted me. I gaped at Emily, fuming at me from where she now stood.

"Caroline Alara Swan-Black! How dare you!" she yelled. I cocked my head to the side, eyes bulging in confusion. The back door flew open to reveal Sam who scanned the room for any threats before falling on me. His face quirked up in unasked questions before rushing over to his imprint. Emily now had tears dripping down her face. 

I sat, flabbergasted as Sam attempted to comfort his imprint.
"Caroline! What did you do?!" Sam demanded, fur rippling across his arms.
"I dunno!" I said loudly, banging my head against the sturdy, wooden table. As Emily relayed my story to Sam, Jared, Jacob, and Paul strutted in.
"Hey Caroliiiiiiii- what're you doin' here?" Asked Jacob. I clicked him off, my forehead still against the table.
"Caroline, a word." Said Sam with finality. Great, he was gonna punch me now or something for upsetting Emily. We exited the house, moving a good distance away so we could have a private conversation from the super-hearing pack.
Sam crosse his arms, uh-oh. That was never a good sign. "You put your life on the line for a bloodsucker?" He raised a single eyebrow as if I'd just said I was going to start talking to trees.
"Yeah, so? Bella would been all "boo-boo woe is me. My boyfwiend can't be nwear me!' " I mocked, wiping a fake tear away. Sam stared at me a moment longer before sighing and running his hands down his face.
"Why are you like this?" He groaned, staring at the heavens.
"If you find the answer to that, be sure to lemme know," I said dryly.
"Anyway, Carlisle Cullen wants to check on how you're healing. I told him to expect you tomorrow morning." Sam turned away like that was that.
"What?! Why did you agree?!" I said loudly, my eyes looking betrayed. "They smell like someone went overload in the kitchen with vanilla extract and cleaning supplies!"
"You're going Caroline." Said Sam, backing his command with alpha power. I scowled, pushing past him and into the house.
"Hey Ro, there's a bonfire happening tomorrow night, you're coming, right?" Asked Paul, his mouth full with food.
"Ew! Swallow before you holler!" I yelled and threw a blueberry muffin at his face. He easily reached up a caught it, grinning as he shoved the thing in his mouth.
"I dunno if I'm going to the bonfire." I shrugged before glaring at Sam pointedly who had followed me inside the house. "I may be a little busy trying to detox my nose from the Cullen's."
"Wait- weren't you like best friends with that weird one?" Asked Jacob.
"That doesn't narrow anything down."
"The one who looks like he's brooding and internally monologuing."
"Jasper?" I guessed, still trying to decide if my half-brother was talking about Edward or Jasper.
"Yeah! That one!" He cried victoriously as if he'd just beat an Olympic Athlete. I blinked slowly,
"Jasper and I weren't even like, friends dumbo."
"Hey! I'm not-" Jacob began to retort before Sam stepped in.
"If I remember correctly, Jared, Paul, and Caroline have patrol now." The Three of us grudgingly left the cozy cottage to patrol. Again.

Sorry about the supper late update. I've been really busy with my online courses and physical school. I tried to make this chapter longer to make up for it though. Hate it or love it!  :P