I Take A Vacation

Any Floridians, try not to take this to heart! As a fellow resident during the heatwave currently occurring, I decided to complain about it! 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Whaddya mean I'm going to Florida?!" I questioned Sam.

"I think it'd be better if you took a break after. . .everything." Sam explained. Emily was listening while flipping over sizzling bacon in her griddle.

"Florida is sunny. And hot." I complained.

"You'll be back in two days, alright? Bella and Edward are coming too," Sam tried to placate me.

"Am I supposed to be happy about that?" Sam seemed to be at a loss of how to proceed before Emily butted in.

"Caroline, I will have an amazing banquet prepared when you return. How bout that?" she suggested, giving me a heartfelt smile. That woman knew what she was doing.

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!" I groaned, running my hands down my face. Sam sighed, the tension relieving itself from his shoulders as Emily gave me a side-hug before kissing her fiance. Why do I agree to these things?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Let's go to Florida! Great idea!" I said sarcastically, shifting in my uncomfortable airplane seat. Edward was in the aisle seat, Bella in the middle, and I squished between Bella and the airplane. I hit my head purposefully a few times on the seat in front of me much to the annoyance of the middle-aged woman occupying it. Bella pushed my head back into my own chair with a craziness in her eyes I'd never seen.

"This is a two-hour flight, Caroline! Behave!" she hissed, her eyes flicking in between the lady and me. I stuck my tongue out, crossed my arms, and stared out the window.

"Could you close that please?" requested Edward, moving away from the sunlight shining through. I groaned loudly, slamming the tiny window cover down.

"I can't win with you two!" I complained, whipping out my phone to play Candy Smash. As I matched the little icons for the next hour I tried my best to block out the rude whispers of the woman ahead of me. I shouldn't have been able to hear them so I ignored her. Twenty minutes later my phone died leaving me in boredom's cruel hands.

"Hey," I whispered loudly. Bella and Edward looked at me exasperated, ready for another one of my bored tantrums. "Hey, Edward,"

"Yes Caroline?" he said politely, albeit strained. 

"Wanna have an arm-wrestling contest?" 

"I don't believe now would be the right time-" My smile dropped to a displeased frown. "Sure." He corrected quickly.

We flipped the tray down and clasped our hands together, glaring into each other's eyes competitively. 

"Ready, set, go!" I announced. We both carefully monitored ourselves to be sure not to use any amount of crazy strength. It was a stalemate though thirty minutes later. We both quit as I prepared for a nap.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Caroline, honey! It's so nice to see you!" Renee greeted as she enveloped me in a hug before pulling away and holding me at arms' length. "Oh my god! The heat is already getting to you!" she laughed. I grimaced and mustered a smile.

"Hey mom, how're you and Phil?"

"Oh we're marvelous!" she grinned, sighing happily before returning to Earth. "He also has heard of your Little League days and would simply love to play some baseball with you!" I nodded 'excitedly' before Renee turned to Bella and Edward, cooing about their lovely relationship. 

Our plane had arrived after the sun had set so Edward wouldn't be a walking disco ball. Renee's house smelled like cats and expired basil. As I crashed on the couch -the guest room going to Bella and Edward- Renee dropped a bomb on me.

"You'll never believe this Caroline! Charles and Corvin moved to Florida a few months ago and all their friends are visiting!" I froze, my breath stuck in my throat while Bella beat me on the back in an attempt to get me breathing again.

Finally, I choked out, "Elijah, Gabe, Charles, Peter, and Corvin are here?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

If you don't know who that is, look back at the chapter 'I Talk To Billy' :p