I Carry Bella Up A Mountain. Yippee.

"Caroline is smaller than me, it literally defies physics an- and everything!" Bella sputtered, waving her hands around like she was attempting to squash a fly.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, and vampires make much more sense." I scoffed, waiting impatiently and tapping my foot against the dirt. Just get your stupid skinny ass up here and let's go!

A lowly, warning growl -that was deaf to normal humans- emerged from Edward. I rolled my eyes as Bella prepared to jump on my back. I was going to be carrying her up a mountain- a fricking mountain to ensure the arriving Newborns wouldn't be able to pick up on her smell.

"Isn't there anything else I can help with?" Bella pleaded, glancing at Jasper who waited much more patiently than I was.

"Your blood will be enough to distract the Newborns as we take them down." Jasper said. His southern accent gave me a grim smile as a burst of recognition, pain, and joy flooded through me. Jasper glanced at me, an eyebrow raised in question.

"And if the Newborns could feel 'motions, they wouldn' stand a chance." He smirked, one side of his mouth quirking up. "With all the emotional girls 'round."

My cheeks heated up as I jostled Bella -who weighed about as much as a bag of frozen broccoli- and began the trek.

"So how is life with the pack?" Bella asked awkwardly for a moment.

"Fine."

"How's Jacob?"

"Look, I ain't feeling all this small talk crap." I snapped. Bella was silent. "If you have something to say, then just out it. I may have all my life, but you don't." Werewolves stopped aging as we continued to shift. Once we stopped though, we began aging again.

"It's just been odd around the house without you." Bella began after a moment. I focused on avoiding any roots or deadly inclines. "Charlie doesn't seem to know what to do. I mean, he brought home a tub of ice cream before realizing you weren't around to hog it." I bristled uncomfortably as the guilt swamped me. The rest of the climb was quiet.

I let Bella down at the chosen campsite and laid myself on a rock to absorb the minuscule heat. Several minutes later Edward and Jasper emerged from the forest,

"Couldn't smell Bella's smell over your" Jasper paused, looking for a word that wouldn't offend me. "Scent."

"You aren't smelling the best 'Mr bathed in bleach'" I mocked before sobering. "Anyway, Sam wants to know who's fighting tomorrow so we can plan accordingly."

"Our entire family will fight," Edward answered as Bella resumed her position of clinging to Edward like he was going to evaporate.

"Edward isn't." Bella said boldly, jutting her chin out.

"Oh, oka- wait I'm sorry, what?" I said, my pissy mood evident in my tone. "You're telling me Edward isn't fighting?"

"He's doing it for me," retorted Bella. A deep growl worked its way from my chest as I snarled at Bella, "But all us wolves are fighting for your undefendable ass, but your 'darling boyfriend' isn't going to because you asked?" Bella, being stupidly brave, nodded.

"Right," I said sarcastically, "I forgot everyone around you risks their life for yours so you can have your chance at a 'happy ever after.' Why would you give a fuck about anyone else?"

"That's enough, wolf." spat Edward, stepping in front of my half-sister protectively.

"God, I wish you all would burn up and die," I hissed venomously, starting the engine of my motorcycle and revving it loudly, pulling away from the two vampires and stupid, selfish girl.

"Tomorrow, we fight," Sam said loudly with confidence. He had corralled the pack into his and Emily's house. The imprints sat with their boyfriends (and in Sam's case, fiance). "The imprints will stay inside the house- at all times." From his tone, it was non-negotiable. "You all," He stared at each of the wolves in turn, "will be here tomorrow morning, six am. We'll prepare for the fight then. You all know the plan." With that, we all went our separate ways. Jacob and I trudged back home exhaustedly.

Jacob immediately retired to his room and a mere 12 minutes later his ridiculously loud snores filled the house. I flopped onto my bed with every intention of sleeping before my phone buzzed. I groaned before flicking the screen open and staring at the bright screen blearily.

Jasper

I have a gift for you, Caroline. I figure it might be

Useful for the fight tomorrow.

Caroline

I'm about to go to sleep. And don't even

Think for a minute, I'm walking all the way to your house

Jasper

It's awfully important. Would the cafe on 9th street

Be suitable?

I pondered a moment before sighing.

Caroline

You have three minutes before I go home. Unlike you,

I need sleep for the fight tomorrow.

I grudgingly slipped on a pair of flip-flops and snatched Jacob's bike- it was nearly 1am and the sound of my motorcycle starting up would startle the entire neighborhood awake. I felt the dingy thing buckle underneath my enhanced werewolf weight as I fought back yawns and peddled toward 9th street's 'Crispy Coffee Cafe!'

Jasper was waiting at a table outside the window, a long, thin box in his hand. He glanced up as soon as he picked up my scent.

"I 'poligize for interrupting you so late," he said, dipping his head. It was difficult to stay angry at him with his charming southern air.

I muttered an incoherent response back as my brain sluggishly worked to even breathe. Jasper pushed the box toward me. I raised an eyebrow before opening it. My eyes lit up as they stared at the plain, but ornate daggers inside. They were sheathed with simple black metal and the hilts were entirely black with a simple silver design along the edge of the handle. I picked one of the two up, weighing it in my hands before sliding it from its' sheath.

I examined the reflective, shiny surface and then sniffed at it. The blade had an odd-tinged smell to it.

"It's dipped in vampire venom," Jasper explained. "Normal blades don' harm vampires, but Carlisle had these stored away 'fore he was a vampire and hunted them."

"Why give them to me?" I asked, surprised. "Wouldn't Bella be in more need of a weapon?"

"Frankly, Bella is a bit of a clutz. I wouldn' trust her to not accidentally stab herself." We both smiled, him chuckling softly as I barked out a loud laugh.

"Thanks, Jas," I grinned. "These'll be useful tomorrow if I need to shift from wolf back to human."

"No problem." He replied, standing up, "You're a good friend, Caroline."