I Tell The Tale of The Tragic Lamp

I decided to post the next chapter early since I typically post a chapter each week on Monday-ish. But I had so much fun writing this chapter! Slowly, my chapters have been getting smaller and I apologize for that but this one is pretty lengthy so I'm pretty proud! Don't forget to vote and comment!! Thanks guys!  <3

I have to skip my first class today with my morning patrol. I arrive on the grounds during the second period and I'm sure that Bella knows. I was hoping she would ignore me as she had been. I rushed into the front office and the lady looked at me over her horn-rimmed glasses.

"Miss Swan. Why are we late this time?" she asked in an overly-sweet voice. My brain stalled as I thought of an excuse.

"Well, I got in the shower but the water was cold so I had to wait for it to warm up. Then my toast burned three times and I had to redo it. I locked myself out of the house and had to climb back in through the window because I left my house keys and knocked over a lamp in the process. I had to clean up the glass shards but since I killed the lamp I couldn't see in the living room anymore where I had left my keys so I had to go up to the attic to find another lamp. 

"But the attic stairs closed behind me and I had to jump on the door to get them to open again. I fell down the stairs with the new lamp and had to clean up that one too. So I went back up into the attic -but propped it open with a broom this time which took me forever to find- and found a really old light. So I plug it in and look around for my keys before realizing they were in my pocket the whole time!" I laughed, slapping the desk with vigor. The lady stared at me for a minute longer before blinking.

"Miss Swan, you could've just told me you slept in," I blushed and nodded, taking my pass. The day is very uneventful except for track. I have to be careful not to run too fast than normal which is annoying. I'm careful to never pass my 39 seconds record. Jessica complimented me behind evil smiles that I ignored.

I admit I was a bit sad I couldn't go to school with the rest of the pack in La Push even though Billy was my father. It made everything a bit harder. I was part of the pack after school but not during. I usually skipped out on lunch at school and Sam could tell when I scarfed down food as if I might never see it. A shifter needed lots of food at every meal because of our fast metabolism.

That afternoon however I was not expecting what happened. A quiet howl that normal people wouldn't be able to hear reached my ears. It was the pack call and I was expected to come.

"¿Disculpe señora Daniella? ¿Puedo ir al baño?" (Excuse me, Mrs. Daniella? May I go to the restroom?) I asked, flashing her a charming smile. I was her favorite student underneath Jasper but he wasn't here anymore so that position went to me.

"Por supuesto, señorita Swan." (Of course Miss Swan) I practically leaped up before she pulled me away to talk quietly. "Tómate todo el tiempo que necesites. Entiendo lo difícil que es en casa por la depresión de tu hermana." (Take as much time as you need. I understand how hard it is at home because of your sister's depression.) I put on a sad face and nodded, hoping she'd buy it. She did and the second the Spanish room was out of sight I dashed outside, dropping my backpack at the base of a tree and shifting.

What is it? I asked.

Vampires! Yelled Jared. Paul sent me the location through pictures of where they were and I ran as fast as I could, weaving around trees and underbrush. I arrived a moment later to see seven vampires. Two were already ripped to shreds as each member of the pack took one on. Female Vamp 1 grabbed Embry around the ribs, about to crush them before I crashed into her, bringing us to the ground.

Thanks! Said Embry gratefully. She ran at me and grabbed my left paw, trying to rip it out of its socket. I bit down on her hand and ripped it off as she screamed. I jumped on her chest and we went down, rolling around and punching, biting, and clawing at each other.