Imagine 35# - Sign Language

Imagine Austin does something thoughtful for you due to your disability:

Austin has always been your friend since you were both little.

You two first met in elementary school (primary school) as you both loved superheros and video games like Mario bros.

Since that day, you both became inseparable and your friendship grew massively.

You always stuck beside one another and always made sure that everything was alright.

The thing is you're different to everyone else and without Austin you'd probably be the odd one out a.k.a the outcast.

This is mainly because you can't communicate as easily as others do since you're deaf, meaning you can't understand when people speak to you.

During school hours you go to a special room where you learn the same things as everyone but they teach you in sign language.

When it's break or lunch time you always search for Austin and when you find him, he always hugs you tightly in a loving manner, wrapping his arms around your waist.

The only reason your friendship with Austin has always worked is because he always made the effort to get to know you.

The way he managed to communicate with you everyday was through writing and texts which he'd always done, ever since he found out you had troubles hearing.

He never complained about the time it took him to write just for you which was a lot of minutes and sometimes it took him even hours.

----------

You were at school and it was currently lunchtime so you decided to sit at a table and patiently wait for Austin to arrive.

Soon enough you recognised a set of smooth brown hair make its way through the crowd and towards you.

As the person walked up to you, you noticed it was the boy you'd been waiting for.

A smile grew on his face as soon as he made eye contact with you and he begun to wave.

You mimicked his actions and as he came closer, you noticed his little notepad in his right hand whilst he carried a pencil in the other.

He engulfed you in a tight, heartwarming hug which you wished could've last forever.

He sat beside you and placed his bag on top of the table, beginning to write on his little notepad which always made you foolishly grin.

Hey {y/n} :)

How was your lesson? - Austin xx

You read it and an even wider grin grew in your face as you begun to write down a response.

Hey Austin :)

I had English which was quiet hard but I think I got the hang of it. You? - {y/n} xx

He read what you had written and a smile suddenly grew on his lips as he wrote down a couple of words.

I had maths.

We're doing algebra and I hate it because I'm terrible at it.- Austin :( xx

Austin passed you the small notepad as he had written something new but before you read it, you looked up at him and saw he had a sad expression on his face.

You read the note and gave him a sincere smile.

You picked up the pencil and begun to scribble down a few words that were put together in a few sentences.