CHAPTER 3: BETTER LEFT UNSAID

This is a long one, heads up!
tw: light substance use
———————————————

I stared at my screen as another text popped up.

*3 new notifications from the twinz*

Jonch - "nah dude I was there. we saw you, bel, and may I say you look beautiful today"

Jakey🤪 - "josh stfu and move on. it's literally been years since you 2 were a thing"

Jonch - "fuck you jake"

I stood up and walked out of the tent, pressing the call button on Josh's name.

"Hey, gorgeous," I heard Josh's raspy voice mutter through the phone.

"Hi, Joshy. Listen, I am here but I need you to do something for me, okay?" I said as seriously as I could.

"Of course, Bella. What's up?"

"Do you think you guys could... I dunno... not tell Sam that I'm here. I'm interviewing you guys later and because Sam and I haven't talked since that night, I don't want to freak him out by him knowing I'm here," I said, knowing what I was saying sounded ridiculous.

"Oh, we weren't going to tell him. We all know how he gets with you, and we don't need an anxious Sammy all day," he laughed, "I'm sort of offended, Bel. I haven't talked to you in a month or seen you in over a year, and you call me about my brother?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Come see me if you're not busy? I'm outside of tent 101," I heard movement on the other line and a protest from Josh before the voice on Josh's end changed.

"Hey, Bel. Is... uh... is Lilli there, by any chance?" I laughed, already fully aware of who I was speaking to.

"Yeah, Jakey, she's here. She's finishing up an interview right now but she'll be done in 5," I laughed, glancing back to our tent. Lilli was shaking the band's hands, which was a decent indicator that she was finished. 

"Okay, cool, we're heading over right now," I didn't even get to say goodbye before the line fell silent. I waved goodbye to the members of MGMT, thanking them for popping by before running over to Lilli.

"Hey, oh my god, those guys were so cool! They asked i-"

"Lilliana, listen to me very closely," I said, covering her mouth with my hand, "Josh and Jake are coming to our tent right now. Jake is very excited to see you and I need you to stay composed."

"I'm sorry, what? They're coming right now? But I'm so sweaty and-"

"Look who it is!" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I didn't even get a chance to turn around before I felt a strong arm snake around my waist, and a gentle kiss placed against the side of my head. I turned around, falling straight into the chest of my first boyfriend.

"Hi, beautiful," he mumbled into my hair.

"Hi, Joshy. God, I missed you so much," I said holding onto his biceps to get a good look at him before pulling him in once more. He laughed, holding me a little tighter.

"I missed you too, Bel. It's been a minute since I've got to see you or even talk to you," he pulled back from me, fluffing my hair a bit to tease me as he flashed his million-dollar smile.

"I know, I know. I suck with the whole 'answering my texts' thing. I'm sorry, I promise I love you," I chuckled.

"Hey, we love you too, Bella," Jake said as he walked up from behind Josh, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently as he walked to go see Lilli. I held his hand tight, pulling him back towards me.