Chapter 34 - To Make You Feel My Love

••••
When evening shadows
And the stars appear
And there is no one there
To dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love
I know you haven't
Made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it
From the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong
••••

Monday, May 14, 1979
Dear Diary,

So much to do and so little time! At least that's what it feels like. Bill is leaving in a couple days for a quick 2 week tour of Japan, but I'll be staying behind for a number of reasons. The pregnancy is probably the biggest one, but I've also got a lot of things to do to get ready for our ceremony next month. On top of that, Sandy just had her baby! She ended up going into labor a couple weeks early, and I'm actually really glad because if she hadn't, there was a good chance that Vince would've been in Japan with Bill and would have missed the birth.

xoxo,
Kat

****

"Oh my gosh, those tiny little fingers!" I looked at Sandy in awe as she cradled her new son in her arms.

"You know, I don't remember Miss Tiff being quite this itty bitty," Sandy laughed. "I've done all this before, but somehow my brain seems to have forgotten."

"Baby bwuh-duh!" Tiffany chirped.

I smiled at her as she sat proudly next to her mom. "Yes, sweetie, that's your baby brother! You're a big sister now!"

We were sitting in Sandy's living room while Vince and Billy talked business in the kitchen. She had just gotten home from the hospital yesterday, and I was trying to help her get everything situated. Her parents were currently on vacation in Italy, and with Sandy's unexpectedly early delivery, her mom wouldn't be able to get here for another couple of days.

"Do you mind holding him for a minute so I can get up?"

"No, don't get up, Sandy!" I scooted to the edge of my seat. "What do you need? I'll get it for you."

"I need to pee," Sandy chuckled. "I'm pretty sure you can't do that for me."

"Oh, yeah I suppose not." I laughed and reached for the blanketed bundle. "Do you need any help getting up?"

"No, I'm alright, thanks." Sandy slid the newborn into my arms. "You okay with Tiff, too?"

I nodded and looked down at the precious newborn in my arms as Sandy carefully made her way towards the staircase.

"Baby bwuh-duh Tommy."

"That's right, sweetie. Do you know your brother's whole name?"

Tiffany scooted closer and looked at me with wide eyes. "Baby bwuh-duh Tommy," she repeated.

"Thomas Vincent DiNapoli. Can you say all that?"

"Tommy Bin-sin Duh-mah-puh-wi."

I couldn't help but chuckle. For a two and a half year old she handled that tongue twister pretty well. Little Tommy gave a small grunt and I looked down at him. "You know, if you had come into the world just a couple hours earlier then you'd be sharing a birthday with your Uncle Bill."