࿔ Danica ࿔

Danica leads him through Hogwarts and to her dorm.

Should have kissed him, she thinks as she takes him through the Hufflepuff common room and to her dorm, idiot-

She pushes the door open and heads straight to the bathroom, dragging Regulus behind her.

"How's it feeling?" She asks him as she gets a cloth and wets it under the tap.

"Like hell," Regulus replies with a rough voice.

She turns around to face him and looks up. "Hey... it's okay..." she says softly, lightly caressing his face with the back of one finger.

She sees him pull that face again and something that has so much love radiates from his eyes, the heat of his skin.

She steps backwards into the counter and pushes herself onto it, reaching out to Regulus. He steps towards her and she opens her knees so he can stand between her, as close as possible.

Danica holds her free hand up and cups the side of his face then carefully uses the cloth in her other hand to wipe off the blood that has run down his cheek now. Slowly she works her way up to the wound.

"Stop," Regulus says, pulling his face back slightly, "it's gonna hurt."

"I know," she whispers, "but it looks shit." She tries to cheer him up by teasing him, pulling a face to say how it really looks: disgusting.

He smiles, very slightly, but it's a smile and Danica feels like that's a win. She gently brings his face closer again and softly dabs at his wound.

She watches as Regulus squeezes his eyes shut and he puts a hand on her knee, gripping it and clenching his jaw together.

"Hey, Reggie?" Danica says quietly, "you're so brave."

He takes a breath and his grip loosens slightly. Danica pulls the cloth away and folds it over. He opens his eyes and looks down at her. Her eyes meet his and her stomach does a flip. She shakes it off and resumes, carefully dabbing his wound.

"Almost done Reg," she says and smiles up at him.

"Good."

She finally pulls away and drops the cloth in the sink; it was once white but now it is stained scarlet.

He doesn't move away from her, instead, he leans down. Danica's heart flutters and she looks into his eyes. Then she glances at his lips. But she realizes he's looking at hers already.

Her breathing is shallow and her mouth parts slightly. Their faces get gradually closer and she half closes her eyes. Their breath merges and their lips find each other. Regulus' lips are so soft and warm before they pull apart, shocked.

"Sorry..." he breathes, pulling away and turning around.

She bites her bottom lip, slightly flushed.

"I- I'm sorry..." she says, panicked. "That... shouldn't have happened..."

He shrugs. "Just friends, right?"

"Yeah..." she says quietly and jumps off the counter. "How does it feel now?" She changes the subject.

"Sore."