༄ Regulus༄

Sirius talks to him about their plan for a whole week. Staying up late in the library and sneaking into the restricted section.

"I'm sure we'll find the curse eventually," Sirius says on Thursday night.

"Yeah but we're running out of time," Regulus opposes. "We've still got to figure out how to counter it and it's very powerful magic."

"But it's nothing we can't do," Sirius says pointedly.

Regulus huffs and rubs his eyes and sees the time on his watch.

"Shit!" He says and slams the book shut. "It's two AM."

But Sirius doesn't seem to be listening. Regulus watches as he sits up straight, running a finger along the page, his lips moving as he reads the words.

"THIS IS IT!" Sirius shouts then looks up panicked and slaps a hand over his mouth.

Regulus jumps up.

"Take that book. I'll put these back. Get the cloak."

Regulus rushes to the shelves and returns the books then comes back to an empty table.

"Under here," Sirius whispers and opens the cloak for him.

He scurries under and looks at him.

"You found the curse?" He breathes.

Sirius nods and puts a finger to his lips then lightly pushes him forwards, looking behind him at a tabby cat, slinking past them.

The boys silently travel back to Gryffindor Tower. Regulus goes to Sirius' dorm and throws the cloak off them and turns to him.

"Tell me." He demands.

"Whoa-" Sirius holds his hands up and points to the three beds with the other sleeping boys in them.

He motions for Regulus to join him on his bed. He draws the curtains around them and whispers a silencing charm.

"Can you tell me now?" Regulus asks, getting impatient.

Sirius nods and opens the book to the earmarked page. He scans it and then puts his finger on the page excitedly.

"Impero Terra," Sirius reads, "to prevent the individual, under which the curse is performed on, from leaving a place unless allowed to do so by the controller." Sirius looks up at Regulus.

"Like the Imperius curse." Regulus nods and rubs his eyes. "Why was that so difficult to find?"

Sirius shrugs and reads on then huffs soon after and lays back. "Can't find the counter curse..."

Regulus nods and leans back, resting his spine on the headboard of the bed.

"But," Sirius says, knowing he has to stay positive. "Now we know the name, we can look for the counter easier."

Regulus nods and sighs. "Mind if I stay here tonight?"

Sirius shrugs and makes space for him to lay down fully and he drops the book onto the floor.

"Don't think about it, yeah?" Sirius says as he looks down at his brother.

"Yeah," Regulus sighs and closes his eyes as Sirius lifts the silencing charm, slips out of bed and tiptoes across to Remus'.

Regulus pulls the bed curtains around him again and stares into the darkness. But it is not the curse his mind wanders to. It is Danica.

She hasn't spoken to him all week, not even looked at him.

He fucked up. Why did he kiss her? He should have controlled himself. She is his friend, nothing more.

Just friends.