࿔ Danica ࿔

Jackson takes them all back to the Potters and Remus runs out to meet them. Relief covers his face when everyone turns up and he pulls Danica into his arms.

"You broke it!" He says then pulls Sirius into a hug and gently but passionately kisses him.

She smiles and walks back to Regulus and falls into his chest as Euphemia Potter comes out of the house, dressed in her nightgown and a robe wrapped around her. She is clearly unsettled and throws her arms around her second son.

"Thank merlin you and your brother are safe," she says then pulls away and looks at Regulus, "come in, let's sort you all out."

Euphemia walks back into the house and Remus and Sirius follow her closely behind. Danica looks up at Regulus and puts her arm around his waist and leads him up the path.

"Once Mrs Potter's checked you over you can come home with me. There's space," she says and steps over the threshold.

Jackson is the last in and closes the door softly behind him, checking the night for any unwanted visitors. Danica watches him but says nothing, keeping Regulus relaxed as they walk into the kitchen.

"Monty," Euphemia is saying, "do have a look Regulus, he looks ever so unwell."

Fleamont Potter looks at Regulus and taps a chair for him to sit down on. Danica doesn't want to let go so she walks over with him.

"Danica," Fleamont says softly, "you can let go of him now, he's safe."

She shakes her head and clings to him.

Remus walks over and gently puts a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, you can let go."

She looks up at Regulus.

"Danica, baby," he says softly, "you can let go of me."

Slowly she loosens her grip and steps away from him, absentmindedly playing with his ring on her finger. She watches him sit in the chair then she kneels next to him and puts a hand on his knee and rests her chin on his thigh.

"You look terrible," Euphemia says and puts a potion on the coffee table in front of him. "Drink up."

Danica takes the potion and holds it up to Regulus. He shakes his head and has pain reflecting in his eyes.

"Love, you need this," she sits up and looks at Fleamont, "he's been abused... hurt..." she says and holds in tears. "I did my best to clean them but they look bad."

"Regulus," Fleamont says calmly, "can you take your hoodie off, please?"

He looks down at Danica and frowns then puts the potion back on the table and carefully takes it off, wincing.

Danica cups his face after he's taken it off and rubs his cheek gently.

Fleamont takes one look and calls Euphemia over and she huffs.

"Awful people," she mutters under her breath, "Sirius never looked that bad..." she turns away and rummages in a cupboard then brings back bandages and gauze to clean his wounds.

Danica lets him hold his hand tightly as his back is cleaned for the second time that night. When Euphemia is finally done, she makes him drink the potion.

Regulus just shakes his head.

"Reggie, come on," Danica soothes him and runs a hand through his hair, trying to relax him. "You'll feel better for it."

𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤? [ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें