࿔ Danica ࿔

Danica made it down to the living room. She is now huddled on Remus' chest on the sofa, worried about the most important people in her life.

"They've been so long," she whispers, her voice shaky and her throat sore.

"They'll be back," Remus says as he smoothes her hair down. "Sirius promised."

She nods, "Reg promised too."

"See? Then they'll both be back soon."

Danica just continues to nod. She needs a distraction from the images that keep replaying in her head. She can picture Peter stammering over the killing curse. She can hear the thud as he hit the floor. She flinches at the memory.

She knows Remus feels her jump slightly and he looks down at her.

"Danica?" He says softly. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm," she nods and buries her face in his shirt.

"You're not but... alright," he sighs. "Just remember that we're all here for you, yeah?"

"Mhm," she closes her eyes, trying to block it all out.

"Get some more rest," Remus says quietly, "you haven't gone back to sleep since they left and you need the rest, okay? I'll be right here and they'll probably be back by the time you wake up."

Danica nods, already on the way out, sinking into Remus' chest as she relaxes slightly.

They'll be back, is her last thought before drifting off.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"GET IN!"

She jumps awake at the shouting from outside and the door in the hallway opens with a bang.

"MUM!" James yells as he runs out of the living room and to the door.

Danica pushes herself to sit up and Remus helps her.

"Stay there," he says and follows James out.

Her head spins and she attempts to stand but ends up falling back into the cushions.

"Bring them in here!" Euphemia Potter rushes into the room and clears the kitchen table by pointing her wand at it.

Danica looks around as James and Sirius carry Jackson in and over to the table.

"Jackson!" She says and tries standing again. "Where's Reg?"

Remus comes back in, pulling Regulus with him. He is bleeding from his head and arm and he is limp in Remus' arms.

"No-" Danica looks between the two injured boys. Her two boys.

Remus puts Regulus down on the other couch and pulls his shirt off him, assessing his wounds. Danica glances at Jackson but he is being cared for by Euphemia. Slowly she gets to her feet and shakily walks to Regulus.

"Reg?" She whimpers, kneeling next to him.

Regulus groans as Jackson cries out from behind her.

"Fuck!" She says and glances over her shoulder at Jackson and then back to Regulus. Tears fill her eyes as she makes a decision. "Reg," she shakes him, "c'mon baby, wake up."

Remus is putting pressure on the bleeding that originates at his head. Danica looks at his arm and grabs a cloth off the kitchen counter, wrapping it around him.