࿔ Danica ࿔

Danica just falls against Regulus.

Why can't everything be okay?

Normal.

Why can't it be like it was in her bedroom last night? The rest of the world just not existing.

She feels Regulus' arms around her, preventing her from running out to Jackson.

"WHAT'S GOING ON!?" She yells.

Regulus picks her up and she wraps her legs around his waist and buries her face in his neck.

Where's Jackson gone?

Is he safe?

"Where're you taking me?" She asks Regulus. He doesn't respond. "Regulus!?" She pulls her face away and looks at him. "Where are you taking me?"

"To safety," he says and starts up the stairs.

"But Jackson!" She says and struggles to get off him. "We have to help Jackson."

He holds her tight and carries her to her room. He puts her down but keeps hold of her hand as he looks out the window.

"Why are we here!?" She feels tears sting her eyes. "Why aren't we helping Jackson?"

Regulus turns away from the window. "Because Jackson's fine," he says as the front door opens and closes again from below them.

Danica gives him a glare then tugs her hand out of his grasp and runs back down to her brother.

"What happened?" She says as she's pulled against his body.

"I don't know," he says quietly, "I think someone tried to break our protective charms-"

"You said we'd be safe," Danica interrupts him. "You said-"

"Yes, I know what I said," Jackson snaps. She steps away from him, a pang of hurt in her chest.

"So we're not safe?"

"Nowhere's safe," he says gruffly. "Where's Regulus?"

"Upstairs. He took me up. He fucking left you. He just ran-"

"He was protecting you," Jackson says, looking at her like she's gone mad. "He knew you'd try and get back to me."

Danica huffs and rolls her eyes. "I wanted to help you," she's whining now.

Jackson sighs. "You're not even of age yet."

"But-"

"No Danica! What Black did was right."

Frowning she turns away and heads towards the door.

"You're not leaving," Jackson says and grabs her hand. "Not until we know it's safe."

"I thought it wasn't gonna be safe at any time anyway. What's the difference between me going out now and me going out before?"

Jackson stares at her. He's about to say something when there's another bang.

"What the fuck!?" He says and pulls Danica towards the floor.

Regulus appears at the top of the stars.

"What was-"

The window next to him smashes and Danica watches as he jumps away, almost losing his footing on the stairs and plummeting to the floor. He catches himself on the bannister.

"REG!" Danica shouts in panic and try's to run to him. Jackson holds her back. "LET GO! LET ME GET TO REG!"

Regulus looks at her and seems to regain his senses. His face is covered in blood, shards of glass stick out of him and scatter the floor at his feet.