༄ Regulus༄

Regulus shifts and wakes up to the sound of Danica breathing softly next to him. He smiles as he looks at her, her blonde hair shining in the morning light. Today he feels no pain. For the first time in a week he has opened his eyes and he feels... better.

He slowly reaches out to touch Danica's hair, smoothing it flat and tucking it behind her ear. Then he leans down and kisses her nose. She smiles in her sleep, making Regulus smile more.

He can hear people downstairs, already up and busying about. He doesn't move though, waiting until Danica wakes up too. They can't sleep apart, can't even leave each other until they are both awake in fear of having a nightmare. They haven't spoken about it but they both understand each other's needs.

They are supposedly safe now. But last time they were told that it was the opposite.

Nowhere is safe.

Hogwarts is the safest place to be and they still have a month before they can go back.

Even at Hogwarts, he will still dream. They will have to sneak into each other's dorms every night.

He lays there watching his beautiful girlfriend sleep peacefully, wondering about the next years and where they could take them. The war and how difficult it will be for them; but they are strong. This has proven how strong they are.

Danica murmurs something as she wakes up slowly, her hand moving across the short space between them, finding Regulus' arm.

"Morning, gorgeous," he whispers and shifts closer, leaning down and kissing her forehead.

"Mm," she hums in response as her eyes flutter open.

"Sleep well?"

"Mm," she says again and rubs her eyes, shuffling into Regulus' chest.

He smiles and holds her close.

"Wanna do something today?" Regulus asks. "I'm feeling better and I know how much everyone wants a game of quidditch."

She looks up at him.

"I'd love to," she whispers and kisses his jaw.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

An hour later six brooms are whizzing around the air: James, Sirius and Remus against Regulus, Danica and Jackson.

Everyone looks tired but their bodies are better. They have colour in their cheeks. Their bruises are fading and their cuts are healing.

Euphemia eventually calls them in for lunch. They reluctantly fly to the ground and Regulus is tackled by Sirius.

"You're gonna lose!" Sirius says as he rolls on the ground with him.

"Nah!" Regulus pushes him against the ground and messes his hair up. "We're level at the moment- you're gonna lose!"

Sirius pouts and slides his hands through his hair, smoothing it down.

"Wanker!" He jokes and shoves Regulus off him.

Regulus stands up and gives him the middle finger, smirking.

"We're so gonna win," Danica says and fits herself under his arm as they walk back.

Regulus looks down at her, smiling softly, feeling so much love towards her it's crazy. She tilts her head to look at him then she giggles and blushes, looking away, trying to hide her face.