࿔ Danica ࿔

Regulus is still holding her tight and Danica has no idea what's up.

"Hey, Reggie?" She soothes, speaking against his sweaty chest. "What happened love?"

He doesn't speak still.

Carefully she pulls away, disentangling herself from his grip and she looks into his eyes.

"Baby?" She whispers and cups his face gently. "C'mon talk to me. What's happened?"

He looks around, at Jackson, down at himself then back to Danica. She's ignoring the fact that he's only wearing boxers and just wants him to talk.

"Reggie, let's go back upstairs," she says and carefully turns him around and walks him up the steps.

Danica can feel him shaking slightly; his damp hair is pressed flat against his forehead. She walks him to her bedroom and then over to the bed. She can see it's moist from his sweat so she pulls the sheets off, glancing over her shoulder at him.

"Sweetie, talk to me," she persists and drops the sheets on the floor, turning back to face him.

Slowly his mouth moves, forming a sentence in his head. Quietly he explains.

"Dream..." he mumbles and sits on the bed. "Just a fucking dream."

She climbs onto her bed and moves behind him, wrapping her arms and legs around him. He leans back into her touch.

"Shh," she whispers in his ear, rubbing his chest to calm him. "It's okay... tell me what happened."

He's silent for a while then he finally takes a breath and starts talking.

"You were there. Death eaters. Pettigrew-"

"Reg, slow down," she murmurs against his neck.

He nods and takes a deep breath.

"It was dark... I could hear the ocean and- screaming... it was you. I found you but you were surrounded by Death Eaters... I shouted for you and ran to you but I was stopped by one of them... then I watched Pettigrew... he- Peter- he-" Regulus stops talking and his shoulder shake.

"Heyy," Danica soothes, holding him closer and resting her chin on his shoulder. "It's okay, it's not real."

He nods and sighs.

"I'm so sorry," he whispers.

"What for, sweetie?" She asks, confused.

"What do you mean? Look at what's happened. If I didn't let myself get close to you then you'd have a normal, peaceful summer with your brother. But no- because of me you can't and I'm sorry."

Danica stops moving for a second then she kisses the nape of his neck.

"But I'm in love with you," she whispers against his skin. "I'm so in love with you it's crazy. I'm gonna do anything and everything for you and you're not gonna stop me," she pauses. "Reggie?"

He's quiet again then he nods. "Mm?"

"We're gonna get through this together. I promise."

She feels his hand come up to hers and he plays with the ring on her finger.

"I love you too, flower," he whispers and brings her hand up to his mouth, kissing each finger with his rough lips.

She closes her eyes and rests her forehead on his back.

She's going to kill Pettigrew. One way or another, she's going to kill him.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚