༄ Regulus༄

Regulus wakes up to find Danica sitting up and thumbing through a book next to him.

"Morning, love," she says, not looking up from the book.

"Love," Regulus sits up and leans on the headboard to watch her. "What're you looking for?"

"Just... a thing..." Danica says as she scans the page.

"What kind of thing?"

"Reg, just let me look, alright?" She snaps and huffs, shifting away from him as much as she can.

He sighs and follows her, attempting to lean on her shoulder.

"You can go use the bathroom if you want," she says shortly. "The others have all gone now, it's just us."

Regulus leans down and kisses her shoulder but she doesn't react how she normally would.

"Regulus," she warns him.

Don't mess with that voice, he thinks.

Reluctantly he gets up and pulls the curtains back, letting in the morning light. It's a Sunday so they can take their time getting up. He glances back at her but she is paying no attention to him.

Frowning he walks to the bathroom and runs the shower. He leaves the door open to see if it gets her attention but she is absorbed in that book.

He bites his cheek and pulls his boxers off in full view of her.

Still nothing.

He gives up, for now, closing the door, just in case one of the girls walks in, and he quickly showers. He walks back out with wet hair and a towel wrapped low around his waist. His v-line sticks out the top of the towel and he shows off his quidditch muscles as he strides toward Danica. He runs a hand through his wet hair, biting his lip and standing next to the bed waiting for her to look at him.

She either is too focused on the book, or she ignores him completely.

"Flower?" He uses the name because of how much she likes it normally.

"Mm?" She hums as she reads the book.

"Why won't you look at me?" Regulus asks, confused as to what he's done.

"I'm reading," she says simply.

He sighs and sits on the bed in his towel, very aware of how naked he is underneath and very aware of how beautiful Danica is. He takes a breath to calm himself and he leans on the headboard again, looking over to see what she's reading.

Thesrals.

He's never heard of them.

Danica slowly puts the book down and looks at him with watery eyes.

"Baby?" He says softly and cups her face.

She closes her eyes as a single tear falls down her cheek.

"Heyy," Regulus soothes and pulls her onto his lap and holding her head against his chest. "Shh."

She softly cries, her shoulders shaking and tears run from her face and down his chest. He rocks her gently and he looks at the page, reading the overview of what they are. It all becomes clear:

'...visible only by those who have witnessed death.'

He holds Danica tighter and kisses the top of her head, continuing to rock her until she stops crying.

"That's better, love," he says quietly as she pulls away and rubs her eyes.

Danica turns to look at him, still sitting on his lap and she gives him a wet kiss. He kisses back and cups her face, wiping her cheeks dry as he moves his lips against hers. She opens her mouth inviting his tongue in and he obliges. Their tongues swirl together, their saliva mixing. He feels her rock her hips on him and he goes rock hard.