༄ Regulus༄

Regulus slowly pulls away from Danica.

"I love you, baby," he whispers and kisses her softly. "Get some sleep, okay? I'll be here when you wake up."

She clings to him and he doesn't want to leave her but he has to. He has to get her brother. He will get him.

"I love you too," she says in a weak and shaky voice.

It pains Regulus to leave her but he knows what he has to do. Gully came back injured, bleeding and in a state. Mrs Potter immediately fixed him up and banned him from working until he is well enough.

Regulus kisses her again then turns away, glancing back at her as he opens the door.

"I love you," he whispers and softly smiles.

"I love you too and stay safe," she says at the same volume, looking at him longingly.

He takes a breath and then leaves, walking quickly down to the kitchen where Sirius is waiting for him.

"You ready?" He asks.

Regulus nods and looks him in the eyes.

"Gonna have to be," he says.

Sirius nods this time and lays his hand on his younger brother's shoulder, squeezing lightly.

"Let's do this." He leads Regulus to the door where they bid goodbye to the Potters and Remus.

Regulus watches as Sirius clings to Remus, burying himself into his chest and cosy jumper that he wears even though it is thirty degrees outside. Sirius finally pulls away and walks to the door, an air of confidence around him, filling Regulus with a little hope.

The brothers walk out of the house, side by side. Sirius learnt to Apparate last school year, so their journey to the Lestrange's manor will be quick and easy. Regulus had been there before, visiting his cousin Bellatrix, so when Gully had described the marble floor, high walls and grand staircase he knew it to be their house.

He takes Sirius' arm and with a crack, they Disapparate. Moments later they reappear just a short distance away from the manor. Regulus blinks a few times, trying to rid the feeling of Apparation that he will never get used to.

Sirius recovers fast and pulls him towards the hedgerow, crouching down, providing cover as they assess the situation.

"We can't just waltz in-" Regulus begins.

"You can-" Sirius interrupts.

"What!?"

Sirius shrugs, "you can say you wanna get the mark now- tell them you wanna prove yourself-"

"You. Are. Mad." Regulus shakes his head at him.

"Have you got a better idea?" Sirius says with some sass.

Regulus huffs in defeat.

"So what will you do?" He asks.

"I'll be out here, then I'll sneak in," Sirius says simply.

"And how will you do that, may I ask?" Regulus says because how could his brother be that stupid?

"You'll see," he winks.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Regulus shakes as he walks up the gravel path to the grand doors. Slowly he raises his hand to the brass knocker.

He stands back and glances behind him at the bush that Sirius is hiding under then he whips back around at the sound of the handle turning.