Chapter 5

All I knew about that moment was that an emergency call from my aunt saved my life. But before I got that call, something Yoongi said made me feel more embarrassed than I've ever been before in my life; you know the expression shame for someone else, right? If I were someone who watches her from afar, I would definitely give this expression justice.

"You're not even a adult Y/N, the girl in that painting was a professional model. But I need your parents' consent to work with you and I don't think they're going to let me draw you like that."

God.

I woke up to the sound of the phone still ringing in my bag and ran out of the studio. I hope I never meet him again, I hope he never comes to the market and I hope his wife stops seeing my aunt. Because otherwise I will never be able to look his in the face again.

He made fun of me. That's exactly what I felt and I would never know if there was something else going through his head anyway. I ran home that day and went straight to my room. I felt like I had to hide from the whole world.

--

A few days later I was helping my aunt with the gardening. "How's Yana?" as I hold a cactus pot and help her clean the soil. I asked. She found this strange because my aunt couldn't understand why I was so curious about a girl I just met.

"So you like her? Great, because I invited Yana and her husband over for dinner tomorrow night."

The pot fell from my hand.

"Y/N what are you doing for god's sake? Watch them!" My aunt gave a sensitive speech about the need to concentrate enough on what I was doing while cleaning up the soil from the broken flower pot.

"I won't be home tomorrow night." I said.

"Where are you going?"

"To a friend's birthday party."

My aunt looked at me like I was a creature from outer space, "But you don't have any friends."

"There is now." I said proudly.

"Is that so? Who is it?"

Without thinking, I said the first name that came to my mind, "Jeon Jungkook."

"You're dating the Jeon's son?"

I didn't even know she knew him or his family, but unsurprisingly, my aunt knew all of Daegu, "It's okay, we just met the other day."

She rubbed her hands together as if pleased by this, "I love his parents very much, they are good people. I'm sure they're raising a child like them. You can talk to him as you wish, Y/N."

Fine, aunt, but I don't even know him. Knowing that when Yoongi and his wife came here, I definitely shouldn't be at home, so I dedicated that night to picking out something to wear for the fake party.

It would be enough for me to manage to get out of the house in these clothes, but I didn't know that my dear aunt would phone his parents to celebrate Jungkook's non-existent birthday. She shouldn't have done it. But she did. Really.

"Why did you lie to me Y/N? His mother said that Jungkook's birthday is three months away."

Thank you Jungkook's mom.

Looking at my feet instead of answering her, my aunt said with an angry face, "As punishment, you're going to help me cook tonight, not to mention you're supposed to be here when Yana and her husband arrive."

This was going to be a real disaster and could no longer be prevented. I went so far as to tell a married man, my aunt's neighbor's husband, to draw me naked, and he rejected me at lightning speed.

Thinking nothing worse could happen to me, my aunt added, "I invited Jungkook over for dinner while I was talking to his mom."