Chapter 31

‎That's how I spent the last week waiting for my aunt. Jungkook, Jimin and Namjoon would come almost every evening with Taehyung, sometimes I would go to them, but they wouldn't leave me alone for a single day. We became kind of like a family.‎

‎On one of these nights, I caught Taehyung taking a beer from the cupboard. As soon as he closed the refrigerator door, the poor boy who found me behind him screamed, Jimin shouted at us from the hall, "Is everything okay?" ‎

‎After calming them down, I grabbed Taehyung by the arm and pulled him to the farthest corner of the kitchen and whispered, "What have you had for a while? Did something happen with Yana?" ‎

I was lucky that Taehyung didn't know what was going on between me and Yoongi so he wouldn't think I was asking this because hearing about him. I don't care about anything about Yoongi.

He averted his eyes at first, but then I realized his eyes were clouded with sadness as he had to look helplessly at me, "Yana broke up with me a while ago." he said with a sigh.

Maybe Yoongi and she have decided to mend their marriage.

This thought immediately reminded me of what Yana had said the night she saw us at the studio, "Some days we hate each other and sometimes we don't. That's what marriage is like."

Maybe they just don't hate each other that much anymore.

It's none of my business.

"Did she tell you why?" I asked.

"No, she just said she didn't want it anymore." I pulled him out and hugged him tightly as if trying to rip out all the pain inside him just as quickly.

"Don't worry Tae, we're here for you. You can always talk to me." he bent down to respond, putting his chin on my shoulder and putting his hands on my waist.

"Thank you Y/N, you are the best."

We were about to enter the living room together.

Jungkook was standing. He had a phone in his ear, and when I saw Jimin and Namjoon's faces sitting upright in their seats to listen intently, I said, "What's going on?"

Jimin puts his finger to his lips and gestures for me to shut up. I knew something was wrong but I never understood what it was about.