Food

It was lunch time at the academy. The young students spent their free time hanging around wherever around the academy eating their lunch that they had brung to school.

Naruto was on the rooftop. He sat with his only friends, Shikamaru and choji because everyone else didn't want to sit with him while the girls only wanted to eat with Sasuke instead.

Naruto didn't care though. His only focus right now was the bento lunch Y/n made for him on his way to the academy.
He stared at the boxed lunch and remembered what Y/n told him before he left.

~~~~

"Naruto! Before you leave...I made this for you."

Y/n gave Naruto a black bento decorated with ramen designs.

Naruto stared at it in shock. He never had a bento lunch before. "I made F/f (Favorite food)! Since you can't box ramen noodles, I decided to make my favorite food.. I hope it taste good. And when you come back, we can go out for ramen! Ichiraku is what it's called right? Yeah let's go there!"

"Have fun at school, Naruto!"

~~~~

"Hey Naruto. Wha'cha got there? I never seen you bring a bento lunch before." Shikamaru commented.

"My..."

"I decorated your room, Naruto! Just be sure to keep it clean!"

~~~~

"Huh? You don't want to sleep alone? Hehe that's okay! I'll lay beside you until you fall asleep."

~~~~

"My mom...made it for me.." Naruto mumbled as his face blushed pink a little. He opened the bento box to indeed see F/f with a side of rice and decorated octodogs.

Naruto stared at the food. It looked absolutely delicious. Taking the chopsticks, he put his hands together in a praying manner.

"Thank you for the meal." He says before breaking apart the chopsticks and began eating.

He started with the octodogs first. Then the rice. Then F/f.

After he finished the food, he washed it all down by drinking a bottle of water Y/n also gave him.

This definitely made Naruto's day. No one's ever made homemade lunch for him and he never really tried any other food except Ramen.
He wants Y/n to cook for him everyday! He really likes her cooking! Almost more than Ramen!

"Your mom?" Shikamaru questioned.

Naruto nodded.

Shikamaru was curious. He was knew Naruto was alone but he couldn't do anything about it because he was also a kid. That made Shikamaru want to meet the person that Naruto now calls his "mother".

But not today. He's too lazy to ask.

Maybe some other time.