The Assassin of the Mist!

Team 7 had arrived to the destination but to actually get to the town, they had to travel via boat. The squad rode on the boat in silence, surrounded by a think fog and deafening silence surrounding them.

"This fog's so thick, you can't see anything." Sakura commented.

"The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead, The land of Waves." Said the owner of the boat who was escorting the team.

Couple of seconds later, the view became a little clearer. Towering over the tiny boat was a massive bridge. The bridge was long but stopped at a dead end- indicating that the bridge hasn't been finished.

Astonished by the bridge, Naruto yelled out, "Woah! It's huge!"

"What? Quiet! I told you, no noise!" The boat's owner scolded the blonde. "Why do you think we're traveling like this, huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing. Moving through the dense fog so they don't see us."

Naruto quickly covered his mouth after that whilst the other two Genin; Sasuke and Sakura remained quiet.

'Who's They?' Y/n Thought.

"Mr. Tazuna..." Kakashi spoke, staring at the old man. "Before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something." Tazuna didn't respond and stayed silent.

"The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission and drop you ashore." Kakashi continued.

"Hey, isn't that a bit harsh?" Y/n said to the white haired man, for once actually sticking up for Tazuna.

"It's better to get some information now than later and risk the safety of the team...considering this mission wasn't made for us in the first place. If we just go straight in without knowing who the enemy, or, enemies are, it'll be extremely dangerous and'll put us all in grave danger." Kakashi replied.

"I see..." Y/n thought for a second. He was right. Everyone stared at the old man in silence, waiting for an answer. Tazuna finally gave up and spoke.

"I have no choice but to tell you. No, I want you to know the truth. Like you said, this is beyond the scope of the original mission.

The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long an dangerous shadow."

"A deadly shadow?" Kakashi mumbled. "Hmm who is it?"

"You know him. At least, I'm sure you've heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. The shipping magnet, Gato."

Kakashi eyes- or eye- widened at this. He honestly wasn't expecting that. "Huh? Gato? Of Gato Transport? He's a business leader everyone knows him."

"I don't." Y/n commented.

"Who? Who? What? What?" Naruto whispered.

"Gato is a very powerful tycoon from a famous company, that's true. But below the surface, with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses and nations, he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja.

It was a year ago when Gato first set his sight on The Land of Waves. He came to our island and used his vast wealth to take total control of our transport and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way simply disappeared.

In an island nation, a man who controls the sea controls everything. Finance, government, our very lives. But there's one thing he fears, the bridge.

When it is complete, it will join us the land, and that will break his control. I am the bridge builder." Tazuna confessed.

"So that's it..Since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangster's way." Sakura said.

"That means those guys we fought in the forest, they were working for Gato." Sasuke explained.