The Demon Within

Once Iruka left, Naruto's other teacher, Mizuki, decided to speak with Naruto in private.

"Naruto. Great job on passing! What made you want to train this hard?" Mizuki smiles at him.

"Well...I actually wanted to graduate this time to make my mom proud. She's been there since the beginning to support me so I wanted to try this time." Naruto happily says. He then runs the back of his head nervously. "But the Clone Jutsu was hard. I barely made it."

'If only I didn't slack off during some of the training sessions.' Naruto thought.

Mizuki pretended to think. "Hmm. You did good. But do you want to do better? It can be really useful and will help you get even stronger." This caught Naruto's interest.

"Really? What is it?"

"It's a secret but I'll let you in on it..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now what's taking that boy so long..?"

Y/n huffed, crossing her arms. It wasn't long before she saw Naruto approaching her.

"Where have you been?" Naruto sheepishly smiled. "Uhm...with uh Mizuki-sensei."

"..really? What were you two talking about?"

"Mmm...Mizuki-sensei said it was a secret. So I can't tell you." Naruto crossed his arms and gave a closed eye smile unaware of the sudden change in expression on Y/n's face.

Her face darkened, which gave a terrifying glare as she looked at him.

This is a red flag.

She knew something was strange about him.

Naruto, being the clueless bean he is, is unaware of what's happening. Y/n will be sure that this Mizuki-Sensei won't try anything suspicious...

...

Y/n's face returned to normal once Naruto looked at her again, this time, with a confused face.

"Where's Sasuke?"

"He went home early while I stayed to wait for you. Now let's go so we don't take too long."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're home!"

Y/n notices a now full grown Danny jog towards her and bark at her and Naruto with joy.
Y/n pets the dog before setting her eyes on a black cat lazing on the couch. "And hello to you too, Toma." She greets, receiving a purr from the cat in response.

Y/n made the decision to get Sasuke a pet too—a cat. She was on her way to the pet shop when she found a stray cat. The cat was friendly. So Y/n took great care of it and had the feline live with her and gave it to Sasuke as a present.

Sasuke named the cat, Tomato. And since the cat was female, it was Toma for short.

"Alright Naruto, go get ready while I prepare lunch."

"Yes Ma'am!" Naruto mocked a salute before running upstairs. Y/n jokingly shook her head at her son's childish behavior before walking into the kitchen.

"I wonder what I should make today...maybe something new.." Y/n opens the fridge, checking the ingredients. "How about lasagna? Maybe the boys would like to try something new every once in a while."

While Browsing the fridge, Y/n comes across something. "What the—...SASUKE!"

"Yeah?" Sasuke showed up behind Y/n, startling the woman.

"Don't scare me like that again. Also, why does some of the tomatoes I bought have teeth marks on them!?"

"I was saving them for later. Also, you said I could have them."

"Yeah, but not most of them. There's ten tomatoes. You bit into eight of them!"

"You don't need that much.." Sasuke pouted, which wasn't surprising to Y/n. He always does this when he's either caught or in trouble in order to guilt-trip Y/n. It worked before but not anymore.
Sasuke definitely got this trait from Mikoto.

Sasuke grabbed one of the marked tomatoes and started munching on it.

'Gross..' Y/n sweatdropped.

"What? It's healthy."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Later that night when everyone went to bed, Y/n was roughly awoken from her sleep by Danny.

"Ugh! What!" Danny was simply barking, attempting to drag Y/n out of the room. Unfortunately, Y/n was fully awake and now wondering why Danny was such in a hurry. It's tiring enough that she had to try to quiet down the dog so it wouldn't wake Sasuke.

Dragging the half asleep woman across the hall which was only about five steps away from her room, Danny had finally approached Naruto's room. The door was slightly ajar and nothing was heard from the other side.

Y/n didn't think much of it, thinking that Naruto was just asleep. That is, until Danny barged in the room and jumped on Naruto's bed.

"Danny get down! Bad...dog?" Once the comforter had falling on the floor, Y/n realized that Naruto was not in his bed. Actually, he wasn't in his room at all!

"What?" Where did he go? Y/n rubbed a hand through her hair. She didn't want to come to conclusions yet. Perhaps she should check the other rooms first.

Y/n started with the bathroom. Naruto wasn't there.

The living room. He wasn't there either.

The kitchen? No.

Y/n's room?? No..

Sasuke's room? Doubt it. But Y/n checked anyways. Of course, Naruto wasn't there.

That's when Y/n started to panic. Her face darkened. She sped walk back to Naruto's room to check for anything.

Danny gestures towards the window. Y/n checks to see that  it's  slightly open.

'HE SNUCK OUT THE WINDOW?!'

Y/n faces Danny. "Danny, I'm gonna need you to do something for me."

__________________________

Naruto was in a secluded place surrounded by trees with an old shed not too far away from him, observing a scroll that he was 'given' to.

Unaware to Naruto, the scroll he has was a very dangerous and top secret scroll which was kept hidden by the Hokage. The scroll contained powerful jutsu's and techniques. If it goes into the wrong hands, it can put the Leaf Village in grave danger.

The blonde browses through the scroll, coming across the Multi-Shadow clone jutsu.

As Y/n jumped from building to building while holding Danny in one arm, she noticed a group of shinobi ninjas and Lord Third.

She watched as Hiruzen sharply swing his arm, sending off his shinobi. She wondered what was going on.