Mission to the Land of Waves! Part 3

"Say, Mr.Tazuna?" Sakura started.

"What is it?" Tazuna responds dryly.

"You country is the Land of Waves, right?"

"Yeah? What of it." Sakura turns her head towards Kakashi. "Kakashi sensei, there are ninja in that country too, aren't there?" She asked.

"No, there are no ninja in the land of Waves. But in other countries, there are hidden villages, each with their own different customs and cultures, where ninja reside.

To the people of this continent, the existence of shinobi villages means strength, military strength. In other words, that's how they protect themselves and maintain the balance of power with neighboring countries. The villages are not controlled by any government. They're independent and have equal status.

Now, a small island like the Land of Waves has natural protection from the sea, so there's no need for a ninja village.

The five ancient lands that possess shinobi villages are the Lands of Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, and Earth. They each occupy vast territories. Together they are known as the five great shinobi nations.

The Land of Fire has the Village Hidden in the Leaves; the Land of Water, the Village Hidden in the Mist; the Land of Lightning, the Village Hidden in the Clouds; the Land of Wind, the Village Hidden in the Sand; and the Land of Earth, the Village Hidden in the Stones.

Only the leaders of these hidden villages are permitted the name Kage, which means "Shadow".

Hokage, Mizukage, Raikage, Kazekage, Tsuchikage. These are the leaders, the five shadows that reign over thousands of ninja." Kakashi explained.

Sakura squealed, intrigued by that information. "Then Lord Hokage's really important!"
'Hmm. Is that old man really such a big deal? I'm not buying it.' Her inner self thought.

'I got him with my sexy jutsu. He can't be that great. Believe it. Hmm." Naruto thought.

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!' Y/n thought.

'Sarutobi is a good man, but I've never seen him in battle..well, besides against paperwork of course. Hmm..maybe during his prime, yes, but now he's just an old man waiting to retire.' She shook her head.

"Hey!"

"Hm?" Sakura and Naruto froze in their spots.

"You all just doubted Lord Hokage, didn't you? That's what you were thinking." Kakashi called out.
Naruto and Sakura furiously shook their heads 'no' while Y/n just smiled innocently.

"Well, anyway, there are no ninja battles in a C-ranked mission, so you can relax." Kakashi spoke.

"And we're not going to run into any foreign enemy ninja or anything like that." Sakura added.

Tazuna stayed quiet.

_____________________________

After a while of quietly walking, a mysterious person appeared from a small puddle of water and another hidden from within the trees. They pounce of the squad without them nothing.

Y/n, immediately sensing danger, quickly turned around and got into a defensive stance, keeping the kids behind her. Kakashi realized the sudden sneak attack last minute and was wrapped around by a very sharp chain which connected to two of those apparent enemies.

Alerted, Team 7 and Tazuna turned around and saw Kakashi trapped.

"Do it!" One of them yelled. Together, the unknown ninjas pulled the chain roughly, splitting Kakashi apart into pieces.