1]A New life.

It was a dark, gloomy night.
The clouds began to engulf the silver moon as Y/N watched from her rooftop. She heard the screams from her house.

"YOU BRAT! Why is my name written in a black book called Death Note?!"
Y/n sighed. She just wished the book would really work, but she knew the answer.

It wouldn't. It was a cheap DIY she made after watching Death Note. She loved it dearly and wished her own life could be more like theirs. At least she wouldn't have to deal with an abusive, alcoholic mother and a murderous brother.

She was better than him at everything, but the little support their useless mother ever gave was to him. Her talents and smarts were wasted as she wasn't allowed to opt for higher studies.
And of course, running away in such an area would result in a worse situation.
If she could just get a brand new chance and start over, her whole life would change, but she knew too well that all these thoughts and dreams were something she could only imagine and hope for.

 In reality, miracles like this do not happen. She stared at her calloused hands when suddenly a white light emerged from the dull moon.

Y/N squinted her eyes due to the harsh light. She looked around in shock when, out of nowhere, a gentle voice spoke.

"A new chance is all you've wanted, child. Now, I will grant you that. I grant you a new beginning!"

Suddenly, her head spun, and her vision turned unclear. She caught her head in frustration, but her eyes began to shut. She fell to the ground, her eyes closed, and now it was all black.