10]3 years later

As time flew by, Y/n and Light grew elder,smarter and closer. The only one who could understand him was her. Their junior high school days were full of memories and accomplishments. Y/N studied hard and topped all her classes. She became the popular girl. Just like Light she had many contacts but none of them were genuine.

3 years later.

Light and Y/n were in their last year of highschool. Mrs yagami flipped the omlet on her pan as Light and Y/n ate their toast. Light looked down at his watch .
"Let's go Y/n"
Y/n looked up and nodded while flinging her bag oevr her shoulder and sticking a toast in her mouth. They walked to school together . The sky was dull that day. Light entered the class and took his seat waiting for Y/n to sit beside him. But a teacher stopped her to talk. In that time Akari plopped down next to Light and passed him a love letter . Light burned with anger but the teacher already started the class so he couldnt say anything. He put the letter in his bags front pocket.Y/n sighed and sat on the other end of the class.

Reader's perspective:
I sat on the other end of class next to Rin nakashima.
He looked up at me and turned his face away.
"Do you not want me to sit here?" I asked confused
"NO!" He blurted out while covering his face. Oh he was blushing. I just turned away and focused on class. Few minutes into the class I felt a strong sense of
deja vu. It's like I'd heard what the teacher was saying before. I tried to remember but I couldn't.
"Light yagami even though this must be so easy for you please translate this in english for us"
I've heard that before
Light stood up and answered the question proudly before taking his seat back.
My eyes roamed the class and rested on his bored face. His head was rested on his hand a second later he was looking outside the window with a weird expression. I couldn't understand , it was like I had seen this happen before.
"Y/N " the teacher called out ,pulling me out of my thoughts.
" since you are thorough with all the subjects today,Mrs Yamamoto wants you to help her correct the sophomore's papers"
"Yes sir" I stated .
I could feel all the eyes on me ,including Light.I made my way out the classroom to Mrs Yamamoto and began helping her.
She made me wait back to finish all the papers so I had to stay overtime. Once I was done correcting I picked up my bag and started walking out the passage. I startrd to think about the strong sense of familiarity I felt before. Down the stairs with each step I took I placed each clue like a puzzle peace. On the last step the image of Light looking outside the window flashed upon my eyes and they widened.
Was He....