55] hide

Silence. I sat there in Silence for at least fifteen minutes. Well I had definitely not thought that a situation like this could arise. How would I free myself from the room? Obviously I can't break the door open because it would cause too much noise and ofcoarse damage the door giving away my presence.
At this point no matter how calm I was, deep inside I started to grow worried.
That side was beginning to take over me.
I pinched the bridge of my nose as i squeezed my eyes shut, too preoccupied with the thoughts. My heart began to throb again. I can't be caught. My plan can't fail. All my efforts can't go to waste-
My wandering eyes which were examining the security cameras noticed something in the ceiling on each room. The vents looked quite big.
Big enough for...
a human being to fit in them?
A smirk crept up my face again.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Author's perspective:
Sayu knocked on her brothers room a bit anxiously.
"Light! Are you awake?..." She called out
Light stopped writing and quickly pretended to have just woken up as he pulled the door open harshly.
"What are you awake and here at THIS time Sayu?" He asked a bit frustrated.
Sayu pouted. "Well... I have a project due tomorrow! I really needed to finish it... and the tape is over..."
Light sighed. "I'm only getting it because if I don't then you'll go and disturb mom and dad " he said before he changed his shirt as he walked down the stairs and slipped into his slippers. He walked across the path calmy as his eyes wandered around
y/n's house. She's not home yet.. he thought .
She must be at her job right now.
Light sighed. He missed just being with
y/n. Even being close to her gave him joy but now they only see each other in university or for studying. It just hurt him in an unexplainable way. Light neared the store as he saw the old owner putting the shutter down.
"Excuse me!" He yelled.
"Please before you shut can I get some tape?"
The old man squinted his eyes and then smiled brightly. "Ah Light it's you! Ofcoarse son" the man said as he slid through the shutter and rummaged through a pile of stationary before pulling out a ring of tape.
"Here.30 " he said.
Light handed him the amount.
While the old man counted the money he casually spoke " how's y/n lately ? She looked like she was in a rush today" the man spoke while opening the cash register.
Light's face twisted into one of confusion.
"Y/n.. was... here today?" He asked.
"Yeah something bout making a duplicate key " he hummed while closing the shutter properly now.
Light was perplexed.
"Well it's pretty late son you should go home now...Good night !" the man said patting light's shoulder as he drove off on his scooter.
Light clenched the roll of tape harder.
Something didn't add up here....
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Reader's perspective:
Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead as I stood on the desk bellow the vent and felt around for the screws to remove it. I tried couple of times with my hand and then got ready to collapse again when I saw paper clips scattered on L's desk.
Perfect. I bent the paper clip with my fingers and adjusted it into the screw as I slowly turned it and felt the screw loosen suddenly a rush of accomplishment and hope spread across me like a current.
I slowly removed the cover as i used the table to climb into the vent,making sure to put the cover back on by sliding my hand through the gaps and turning the screw back in. My breathing was getting more and more irregular as I gulped and looked forward towards the darkness ahead me. The vent was pretty narrow so I had to drag myself ahead. Slowly but steadily I dragged my form along the cold metal .
Moments of dragging till I saw a small opening in the vent and peered down through it. Hmm this room.. this was the Task force meeting room! That means the study should be closeby ... maybe if it's empty I can get down there and leave from the staircase right outside it! Yes!! I dragged along faster and faster, the metal almost scraping me and soon another opening lay ahead me. With high hopes I peered down but my heart raced as I saw L sitting there staring at a file with no emotion. Another bead of sweat dripped down my chin. Shit I can't go from here.. so now where do I go? I couldn't even turn back ... I sighed. I have to keep going. As I dragged my body along, the next five minutes were the most concerning as there were no openings visible . Suddenly I saw another opening. Directly under it was the pantry. The pantry had no cameras as far as I remembered. And it was right in front on the staircase so I could sprint out ...! I mean I've tried to erase myself from the camera footage as much as I could but it couldn't be helped here ... maybe if I ran really really fast I wouldn't be noticed in the dark as I was in full black anyway...I took in a deep breath and stretched my hand through the opening as I struggled to fine the screw. Once I finally found it I used my strength to unscrew it before I pulled the whole thing apart . I slowly placed it down as I used a shelf to put my foot down and got off with a huff. I put the cover back on the vent and sucked in a long breath gazing at the dark passage ahead. The staircase leading down was right across this room all I had to do was run .
I gulped.
3
2
1
RUNN
I ran faster than I ever had going down the stairs and sprinting out the building so fast that I felt like my heart was going to explode. I just ran into the alleyway ahead me and slumped against the walls,panting.
Yes! I made it out..! I breathed out heavily and held my forehead when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

! I breathed out heavily and held my forehead when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket