50)Concern

I tiptoed slowly trying to be unnoticed but-
"Y/n!!"
Ah shit here we go again.
"Y/n!" Light yelled once more.
" ok Light I'm too tired to even-" before I could finish,Light ran towards me and practically pounced onto me. His embrace was so desperate and warm that it felt cozy. It was comforting. I finally gave in and hugged him back. His hands wrapped around my body tightly and wouldn't leave me. His hand was behind my neck
It felt so calm that I leaned into him .
Despite being in such a warm embrace,
I managed to retort against him
"What are you doing ,Light yagami"
I whispered into his shoulder.
"Why didn't you pick up my calls" he asked.
"My Phone died" I muttered.
He pulled away first and looked at me with concern.
"What" I asked while turning the key in the door and stepping inside.
I went towards the kitchen and poured a glass of water out. Light came inside and closed the door behind him. He looked around a bit and came into the kitchen, standing next to me. His eyes wandered to the fridge. He opened it and peered inside.
"Why's the fridge empty?" He asked.
"Because I ate everything in it" I said turning the cap on the bottle.
Light frowned a bit. "Do you need anything?" He questioned.
"Why what would I need " I said leaving the kitchen.
Light stopped talking for a moment and looked at the ceiling. He took a deep breath in and came towards me catching me by the shoulders.
"Are you hiding something?" He asked.
.
.
.
.
Did he get more suspicious? I mean obviously I was out the whole day today who wouldn't get suspicious. I knew how to handle this situation. I straighted my shoulders and leaned into Light's face.
I looked right in his eyes,through his soul. Almost as if I was slowly taking the control and power through our eyes.
"Are you?" My voice sounded sharp and rather rhetorical. The ends of my lips faintly curved in forming a smirk.
His eyes suddenly looked darker.
He shifted bit and his eyes left mine for a brief moment. I knew he was trying so hard.
"No" he uttered trying to sound confident.
"Don't lie" I said in a serious tone almost immediately that made Light flinch slightly. I turned around and started to arrange the table a bit.
"Why do you think I am" he asked,helping me while stacking some books up.
"Nothing in particular. How's your new girlfriend?" I asked.
Light stopped moving . He furrowed his brows and kept the books down.
"She's not my girlfriend" he said .
"Oh really ?" I asked sarcastically.
Light looked at the books intently.
He smiled at the first book as he moved his fingers along it's cover.
"Remember ...when we used to read this book together, on the swings in our summer vacation.." he whispered.
I looked at the book and recalled the sweet memories. I really liked Light.
I really did. But the one I liked was fake.
He's probably putting up a fake show right now.
"You're changing the topic" I said while opening the front door for him to leave.
Light sighed.
"Are you upset?" He asked.
"No" I said while he walked out.
"I heard there's a huge party coming up" he said while moving behind.
"We both have to go" he smiled a bit
"Ok, we will" I replied calmy.
"Goodnight" he said before he slowly retreated towards his house.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
As I entered my room I felt a bit uneasy.
What was the meaning of the message displayed from the pendant. Something about the and moon.. and the old man mentioned eclipse.... I remembered the strange thing he said before transporting me back...
"𓆩 īⱦ ⱳⱥꞩ ɏꝋᵾ ⱳħꝋ ⱥꞩҟēđ ӻꝋɍ īⱦ𓆪"
What did that mean?
Suddenly I heard thunder rumbling and went towards my window.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Meanwhile

L stared at the cctv camera. But not checking footage for cases... he was replaying the footage of him and Y/n from earlier. Her embrace was so.. warm... he felt calm around her ,even though his heart was doing like five thousand backflips he felt at peace. His cheeks were beet red as he clicked the replay button. He remembered Y/n's question.
"Can I have your number"
She had asked him for his number.
"Watari " he called out monotonously.
"Yes" the old man responded .
"I want a phone" L said ,a bit shy.
"The duplicate phones are all in the drawer or do you want a disposable sim card?"
Watari asked in his usual tone.
"No... I want a phone for....
Personal use" L replied,now a pink blush on his face.
Watari looked at L weirdly.
"Personal... use?"
L turned away from him.
He coughed a bit.
"Yes,personal.. use."
Watari came back after a few minutes with a cellphone box.
As L slowly unpacked the box and started the phone, watari stared at him .
"Didn't you say that these were filthy addictive objects and only to be used for work purposes?" Watari muttered
.
.
.
.
Well well well.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Hi my dear readers. I would like to thank you all so much for reading my book and continuing to do so up until now,the 50th chapter too . Just 10 chapters back I was celebrating 14k and now I'm at 64.3k.
I'm really proud of our journey.
Thank you for staying with this book.
If anyone has any requests for stories then you can put them in the comments if I can, then I will write those too.
Also I request your feedback in the comments because I really need it.

Here's a sketch I made specially for you guys~

(Again it's messy because it's on the phone with a finger)App : ibis paint

App : ibis paint

Good day or night to you all,be happy and do give me feedback🙃