39]someone named X

Hello readers I'd like to thank you for coming this far. Here's an unrelated sketch.

Guys if you want me to make a sketch of you too then leave a description of your appearance in the comments,I'll make a deathnote themed sketch of you~

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
"Someone named X"

.
.
.

Shit.
How does L know about X?
And out of everyone is this whole room why did he chose to ask me?
Is it because he's suspicious of me?
No. There's absolutely no trace I've left that would point to me being X.
"Come Y/n,I'll show you what I'm talking about" he said while walking to his computer. I should be calm and pretend for now. I followed him to his desk.
First,he played the clip of Raye penber before his 'death'.
"You see this Y/n?" L pointed at Raye and a woman helping him.
He paused the clip and stared at her.
" I believe that this mystery woman has got something to do with this"
L spoke in a low tone.
I calmy sat on his chair.
"Ryuzaki,you said about something else before"
He quirked a brow.
"Someone...named X?" I asked,pretending I was clueless.
"Yes..." He focused on the screen.
"Before Naomi misora's death.. she was last seen talking to someone outside the airport "
L muttered. I quirked a brow in interest now. They managed to find that out?
"Oh" I remarked.
"I suppose you must've checked the street cameras and found that out" I asked.
L nodded. With the click of his mouse,he changed the screen to the camera footage of Naomi Misora and the mystery person.
"But this person is quite intelligent, they never leave a trace.."he narrowed his eyes down at the screen.
I smirked internally.
Ofcoarse I'm intelligent.
"But I noticed something..." L began again.
"Before this person leaves,
Naomi whispers something to herself" L zoomed in to her lips.
"X" he said sharply.
I watched as naomi mouthed X and then turned away. Oh so that's how he knows.
"And you think-" I said ,fist under my chin.
"That this X has something to do with the mystery woman from earlier?"
I spoke clearly looking at L now.
His gaze met mine. His black orbs stared into mine now.
"I think...." he began.
"That the mystery woman IS x"
.
.
.
.
.
.
He's connected the dots fast. But that's what I would expect from the great detective L. That's ok L,I'll play along.
"You're right,Ryuzaki" I muttered moving my eyes from L to the screen.
"If you focus closely you'll see that it's the same wristwatch she's wearing in both the footages.." I commented.
" ofcoarse, two people can have the same watch but this watch looks custom made... I can tell by the top of the watch, normal watches of this brand don't have that" I stated zooming in.
"Not only that" I said now focusing on the screen calmy.
"If you take a look at the two clips closely you'll notice that both of them walk toes first and you see their hand movements? It's the same person."
L's mouth jut open.
He followed my finger and analysed what I had said. Staring at me and then the screen."I..."

" I hadn't noticed that before..." L replied in surprise and shock.
He took my attention.
"Y/n... Can you join the task force?"
.
.
.
"I'd be glad to" I finally stated looking out the window at the sky. Wow, one little impression landed me into the task force.
I wondered why L stayed silent. After a moment I turned to look at him. He stood beside me ,his head down and most of his face covered with his black hair. He fiddled with his fingers before dropping his hand down. "Y/N will you-....will you have..strawberry cupcakes with me?"

.
.
.
I extended my hand and ruffled his soft hair. I chuckled loudly and his face rose a bit still looking nervous. A red colour spread across his pale cheeks and lips parted. His eyes longingly staring at my laughing face. "Yes,yes" I exclaimed before grabbing my bag.
L smiled.
At that moment I felt as if a thousand flowers had bloomed and blossomed in my heart. That innocent smile of L's. Seeing his happy face gave me joy too.
He came closer to me still smiling.
"So let's go" L muttered.
"Where, exactly?"A harsh voice interrupted.