34] Questions

L looked at me and smiled at us.
"Well let's see" he muttered as if he didn't believe any of what Light said.
I smirked.
We got on our sides and Light stood behind ,his eyes only on me.
L hit the ball into the air and I swung my racket with force. L couldn't keep up ,he leaped but missed. A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead and he stared at me eyes wide.
"You're...good" .
His impressed face was enough to boost my confidence even higher.
Shot after shot I dominated the field.
The racket slammed the last shot as L missed it.
The crowd cheered on as Light smiled at me proudly.
He came up to us and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.
"Told you " he scoffed at L's tired form.
I sighed and lifted his arm off me.
Stretching my hand out I smiled at L.
His dull face plastered an unexpilicable expression. His cold fingers held onto my hand as I pulled him up.
"Good game" I smiled.
His dark face hid a flushing red glow apon his cheeks. I felt Light's glare from behind but ignored it.
"Good..."
"Game." Said L submerged in thoughts.
We three begin walking. L spoke up.
"I'd like to ask you two some questions regarding the Kira case"
He muttered in a low voice.
Light remained calm as he cleared his throat. "Why us?"
L stepped closer to only Light and studied his face. " Because I suspect you to be Kira" Light internally jumped. He tried his hardest to remain composed and L turned to me. "Not you though Y/n" he said in an almost pure voice? I chuckled at his statements. "And why is that?" I asked eagerly. "It's because... I like you" his voice was monotonous but made me feel something in my heart, despite the fact I knew he didn't mean it that way.
Light was furious. His fists were shaking but he couldn't do anything because he didn't want to look suspicious.
"Ans Light?" I muttered to L.
He shrugged his shoulders,eyes wide as always. "I dont like him" I chuckled even more. Light liked,no loved hearing me laugh. It was like music to his ears but seeing me laugh for someone else, especially L made his stomach churn.
It angered him more than anything. He shoved L away from me.
"Okay that's enough. Now quickly ask your questions and leave us alone"
Light sighed. He led us to a small cafe and we took a table in a secluded corner for less disturbance. L sat a down first. Crouching on his chair,staring at me as if he was waiting for me to sit. I began to sit down next to him but Light pulled me up fast enough and made me sit on the other side of the table with him. His eyes burned with jealousy.
L , shockingly had a similar expression towards Light.
Why?
"So you were saying" urged Light.
L shut his eyes for a moment and resumed . "These are the notes from the prisoner experiments,that supposedly kira forced on them" he spoke studying our faces. He placed the cards ahead us and told us to solve the puzzle.
After moments of contemplation Light broke the silence. Well according to me,these are the clues . This number right here so it should be..."L DO YOU KNOW GODS OF DEATH LOVE APPLES?" L stares at Light for a moment and is about to speak but I talk.
"Well that's what someone probably wanted us to think" I muttered rearranging thr cards. " either it's this ,or there's a fourth card"
Light and L looked at me intently.
L made an impressed face and pulled out the fake fourth note changing the meaning of the message from"L DO YOU KNOW GODS OF
DEATH LOVE APPLES?",
to "L DO YOU KNOW GODS OF DEATH WHO LOVE APPLES HAVE RED HANDS?",
The man studied my face calmy.
"You're right, Y/n " L spoke as my name rolled off his tongue in a different way.
"Any normal being would have suspected a fourth card,unless.." He stares at Light now. " They knew of something beforehand"
Light reacted defensively, raising L's suspicions.
"That's not true" he spoke out.
"The sentence made sense even without the fourth part and-"
A ringing cellphone interrupted their conversation.
Light looked at his phone that was on my end. " Y/n could you take that for me?" He asked as I nodded and picked up calmy.
I knew what this was about.
I acted shocked and stood up.

"Light, we need to leave Mr yagami has..."