Chapter 8

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 8

꧁ℝ𝕠𝕙𝕒𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

My classes were done for the day so I was chilling in the cafeteria. I occupied my favourite table, the one next to the glass wall facing the campus garden.

The garden had so many varieties of plants and a few other trees too. Some had juicy, lustrous fruits shining under the bright sun while some had beautiful flowers all adding their own colourful magic to this prestigious garden. The leaves were glistening letting me know that they were watered recently. The whole garden was swaying in the gentle breeze as if they were doing a little happy dance.

This garden was maintained by Ramu uncle, since decades. Ramu uncle is a staff here and this job had been handed over to him by his father and to his father from his grandfather. By now this has become a family hierarchy. Sometimes I feel like this is something he had been forced into and he should choose something different for himself but he always shoo me away by saying that he loves this job.

He says that all he has to do is just make sure the beautiful flowers are always in their best condition and that is something he can do really well. Considering the old man's obsession towards flowers and the butterflies wandering in the garden he must enjoy his job a lot.

Suddenly the sky started forming black clouds and soon enough I could see the tiny droplets meeting with the ground. I sat there in peace enjoying the music of rain. I closed my eyes trying to enjoy every aspect of this wonderful art by nature itself. I was deep into my own world but I got interrupted by a voice that sounded like a melody, something that brought a whole new essence to this wonderful show happening infront of me.

I turned my head only to find a happy Taara giggling with Rhea both lost in their own world. Gosh! Taara looked so breathtaking with her wet hair, looks like they were running in the rain. She walked towards a table that was just 2 tables away from me but I guess she didn't notice me.

They bought their favorite icecreams and I sat there admiring Taara. She looks so beautiful when she is happy, I just want to hold her close to me. My steps took me to their table on their own. I pulled out a chair and sat next to Taara. She noticed my actions and stood up but I held her wrist and pulled her to my lap. She was shocked for a split second but then she started squirming to let her go. I  trapped her between me and the table making it impossible for her to move.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

Taara was feeling really uncomfortable. She hated when so many people would give her unnecessary attention and right now the students were filming this whole thing. She felt humiliated.

"Rohan leave me."She said sternly but Rohan did not pay any attention.

He took the partly finished icecream that belonged to Taara and started eating it. To any outsider it might look like a cute romantic scene but only Taara knew how humiliated she felt. She was a very simple girl who wanted a simple life but what was happening right now was far away from her comfort level. She wanted to escape this situation.

"Leave me. I swear you'll regret this." She said but again no reply at all.

"Roha-" she got interrupted by a spoonful of icecream being pushed into her mouth and all she could do was look at him with wide eyes not being able to process anything.

"Rohan leave her, you are making her uncomfortable." Rhea said.

"Rohan? Oh do you want your little secret being public sister?" Rohan said smirking which shut Rhea completely. She looked at Taara with eyes that held sorry and Taara too understood.

"Please Rohan, let me go!" It was barely above a whisper, she was at the verge of tears.

The tone in which Taara spoke made Rohan feel something very different, as if something heavy had been placed in his chest and he was not at all comfortable. Quiet unwilling he loosened his grip on her waist but before he completely let her go he placed a chast peck on her cheeks banishing  the tear that managed to roll down her cheek.

"Baby why are you crying? No one will trouble you as long as you have me next to you" he smiled at her. The smile that hypnotized Taara, taking her away from everything surrounding her except him.

"Everyone delete those clips right now or else this will be your last day in this campus." Everyone hurriedly deleted all the recordings, all the pictures they had clicked, after all he was the most feared in the campus by both students and teachers. No one dared to go against him.

He let Taara stand on her feet. She didn't say a word and left from there followed by a sad Rhea who was regretting the fact that she felt weak infront of her brother's empty threat. It was quite disturbing to Taara how Rohan would be the reason for her tears but the very next second she would find him with the exact thing that would make her feel better. Here, he wanted to be close to Taara in which he succeeded but at the same time he was well aware that Taara would find this uncomfortable especially if done in public which is why he used his power to suppress the unwanted chaos.

Rohan too found it amusing how Taara would make him feel so impatient that he would be ready to turn the whole world upside down but at the same time she can also make him feel so calm and peaceful that he would like to spend his whole life in that moment without doing anything. They both understood each other and could assume what the other was upto but still there was this small crack that prevented them from coming together.

To be continued.....