Chapter 16

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 16

꧁𝕋𝕒𝕒𝕣𝕒'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

The whole party was slowly coming to an end but I was still glued to Rohan. Not like I had any friends besides Rhea who was nowhere to be found and so was her brand new boyfriend. Rohan was busy talking with his friends and simultaneously sipping the precious drink his friends had managed to bring since his father had strictly prohibited them in the campus. All I was doing was staring at them unable to understand any of their jokes and stuff. I excused myself and found a seat at the far corner of the hall.

I have always been like this. Human gatherings for a long time always make me feel exhausted. I just placed my head on the table and closed my eyes for some time. I started recollecting everything, how I had a crush on Rohan, then neglected it, when I came to accept it I kept it hidden, all I cared for was my responsibilities but here I am about to get married to the same person I had called a distraction. Life really is funny, you never know where it may lead you to. I started staring at nothing remembering my horrible childhood, the reason I had to become mature before my age, my shattered happy family, all of it. Suddenly I felt someone's hand on my shoulder making me flinch.

I turned to find a slightly tipsy Rohan.
"Bored?" He slurred his words a little bit that let me know he was indeed drunk but still aware of himself.

I nodded. "Don't worry it's almost coming to an end." He said pulling a chair next to me. He held my hand in his bigger one and placed the other on my cheek staring deep into my eyes making me blush. I looked down hoping he wouldn't see me in this state.

He chuckled and leaned back on his chair and removed his tie. He opened a few buttons of his shirt revealing his well toned chest. He pushed his hair back, with his neck stretched. I swear if I was a WEBTOON character I would have already had a nosebleed by now. I shifted my attention to elsewhere inorder to calm my innocent heart.

"So it's really getting late and I hope everyone enjoyed today's function. You all may get back home and goodnight." A student rushed to the stage and announced the end of the whole event. Everyone started leaving but Rohan still had my hand in his as if he wasn't intending to leave anytime soon.

"Shouldn't we leave as well?" I asked in slight confusion.

"No. I have something planned for you and for that I need everyone to leave." He said with a smile on his face.

After about half an hour everyone left including Rohan's parents. The gave me a knowing smile as if they are aware of this surprise plan. The whole campus was empty now, not a single living soul in the whole campus.

"Come with me." He said and guided me out of the hall, along the corridors and finally we stopped at the basketball court. The net and all other equipments were absent and instead it was lit up by candles and fairy lights. There was a path made using rose petals that lead to a small table in the centre of the court with two chairs. There was a roof over the table which was beautyfully decorated. There was red and white shalls hanging, red and white balloons scattered.

He guided me to the table still holding my hand and I could see a chocolate cake with "𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏-𝒕𝒐-𝒃𝒆-𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒆" written on it. A red plastic knife was placed next to it.

𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚎 - 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚐𝚕𝚎^_^

𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚎 - 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚐𝚕𝚎^_^

I was awestruck. All I could do was stand there and take in the beauty of this whole set up that radiated so much love.

"I just wanted to thank you for accepting me into your life and letting me welcome you to my world." He said in a gentle tone and offered me a bouquet of red roses which God knows where he had hidden.

"Please don't. I think there is no more use of hiding my feelings from you. I want this marriage to happen as much as you do so you don't have to thank me." I said with a genuine smile.

He took my hand in his for the nth time today and together we cut the cake. He was the first to offer me a bite and I followed him. All of this was really cute and romantic.

"I know you love chocolate that's why I got this cake." He said and fished out his phone, he tapped something and then the area was filled with a romantic music.

"May I?" He extended his hand towards me like a gentleman and then we started swaying our bodies along with the wonderful music playing in the background. He maintained eye contact making me unable to look away from his mesmerizing eyes. His eyes held the raw emotion of love, sucking me into the undeniable bliss of acceptance and adoration. Suddenly it started raining heavily making the atmosphere more beautiful.

"Do you like rain?" I asked him while still moving to the music.

"Yeah." He said.

"You do? I love rain so much. I love feeling those rain drops on my skin. To me it's strangely calming." I said with wide smile.

"Then why are you holding back?" He asked.

"You are telling me I can play in rain? Like really? What if I ruin your car seat on the way back home?" I asked in confusion.

"I don't mind. As long as you are happy I can handle anything for you." As soon as he said that I rushed into the rain and started enjoying the droplets wrapping me in it's coolness. Well thank God my make-up was waterproof or else Rohan would have ran away thinking I am a ghost.

I was spinning with my eyes closed and suddenly I felt a pair of hands creeping through the sides of my waist. Rohan was back hugging me and I freezed on my spot.

"Let's dance like this." he whispered in my ear and turned me around to face him. He held me impossibly close to him and started moving with the music.

To be continued.....