Chapter 24

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 24

𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚎 - 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚐𝚕𝚎 ^_^

𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚎 - 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚐𝚕𝚎 ^_^

꧁ℝ𝕠𝕙𝕒𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

The venue was the garden of the mansion. It was a nice weather maybe that is why they were holding an outdoor function. There was a platform set up at the center which kind of looked like a dance floor. There were drinks of all types set at one corner and food at the other side. Round tables were arranged everywhere. I was admiring the decorations when I noticed that Taara was not next to me.

I turned to see her staring at the mansion in shock. I approached her and instantly felt her discomfort with the place, I felt the wheels of her brain turning trying to grip onto a terrible realization that I wasn't aware of.

"Taara, why are you standing here? Let's go...." She didn't react at all.

I shaked her gently.
"Taara? What happened? I'm talking to you!" I tried to bring her back to earth.

"Uh??? Yeah-Yeah???... " She seemed slightly disoriented.

"I want to tell you something." She looked alarmed and tensed. Her eyes were slowly tearing up and I could feel her discomfort.

"Hey are you Mr. Khurrana's son, the new CEO?" An old man approached stopping me from asking her about her worried state.

"Yeah, that's me and this is my wife." We exchanged a formal greeting and I saw Taara put on a fake smile.

'She is not okay but I don't think I can ask her about it right now....I'm sorry Taara.'

We shared a decent conversation while Taara stood besides me slightly panicked but still trying to maintain her posture.

"Now! please? It's urgent, I need to tell you something." She said with pleading eyes. Her behavior was panicking me.

"Is it something personal that you can't tell here?"

She nodded. We walked to a corner where no one could hear us.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Rohan this is my-" Suddenly someone walking by clashed to her shoulder making her lose balance but I caught her.

"Are you blind? Can't you see?" I heard the guy shouting behind us. We turned to him but when he saw Taara he seemed shocked.

She too just stood there.
"This can't be happening now!" I heard her mumble.

"Woah long time no see~~~ " he said in a sing-song manner and approached Taara taking taunting steps towards her, completely ignoring my presence.

"...Sisss---terrr..." He ended his sentence with an annoying grin.