Chapter 34

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 34

꧁𝕋𝕒𝕒𝕣𝕒'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

"Rohan, what are you upto?" I started panicking. I intended on going through his therapies and all that together, like a team work, isn't that what families do?

Yes I distanced myself, I put him in a difficult situation but that was because I wanted him to agree to consult a doctor but as soon as he agreed with me I was supposed to return back and accompany him in whatever he would have to go through. I never wanted to leave him alone. I wrote that I would never return but that was an empty threat because I knew he would trust me this time, he would believe in us. I had faith in our connection.

"Rohan? Rohan you are scaring me! I was never going to leave you alone ever, I will be with you wherever this will lead us." I said crying, desperate to hear that whatever I was thinking was completely wrong, desperate to hear that we are not splitting up at all.

"I know Taara, I realize you would never leave me but you don't deserve to go through this mess that I had brought upon myself. I wonder.... If I had listened to my parents and agreed to get proper treatment before I even met you then you could experience a normal proposal and have a fairy tale life. A happy married life where there would never be a fear of me misunderstanding things or acting out all of sudden. You would never feel burdened because of me. A life in which I wouldn't have to depend on you so much that it would put you in an uncomfortable position. We could have had a perfect life...." His voice was very calm, he was broken.

"Rohan-" He interrupted me.

"I'm sorry Taara but you will  see me or hear from me only when I'm sure that I'm completely cured. I'll return only when I know I can give you the security and happiness that you deserve. Love you Taara, I don't know if you will wait for me but I will return back to you because you are my girl. You are the only one for whom I really want to change and become a better person." He said. The love I felt through his words made my skin tingle with goosebumps and conquered my heart once again with his honest, pure feelings which in itself was a rare sight in the world these days.

"I'll wait for you. Next time I see you, we will stay together till death do us apart. Come back to me as soon as possible. I am assuming you will never call me but atleast tell me how will I know if you are fine?" I asked still unsure but trying to accept his decision.

"Ask your heart, if anything happens to me you will know. You will be the first one to know. I believe in our connection." He said. He hung up after a final good bye.

All of this was a lot for me to take in. As it gradually seeped in all I could do was cry. That day I cried for as long as I could remember. I cried then fell into a tired slumber, then woke up then cried to sleep. This kept happening for about two days making me look like a zhombie. Later I realized Rohan wanted me to be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Quite reluctantly I decided to groom myself, I wanted to be ready to welcome Rohan whenever he would return to me. He would return in proper shape, as all this time he would be focusing on his health alone and I had to remain heathy as well. It would be ridiculous if we had to constantly repeat this cycle of vanishing from each other's life to take care of our mental health.

After two days of calling in sick, I decided to show up at my new work place. Just like my old office this was a nice place as well, cheerful colleagues. A few sour people are always bound to exist but since I was someone appointed to make the new employees understand their assignment well more like a superior there wasn't any situation where I had to focus on the negative feelings of a few people. I gave them necessary guidance and they followed it, if not..... their loss.