1st

I wake up, and turn to my phone-8:12.
Shoot, I should have been at the sandlot 12 mins ago.
I jump outta bed, get dressed, grabbed my mitt then head downstairs
"Morning mama." I say smiling at her, while she is making breakfast for my younger brother, James.
I grabbed a piece of toast that was in the toaster, and then put some candy in my bag for the sandlot.
"Morning Harper, you are late for the sandlot yk." She said laughing, while I give her a kiss on the cheek before going out the door. Then I walk to the sandlot.

I arrive at the sandlot
As usual, the boys are playing while Benny is batting.
I walked towards the dugout to put my bag down, and I hear an alert on my phone.
Oh no, my blood sugar is dropping.
I grab the sour gummy worms I chucked in my bag earlier, and start to eat them.
Yk it's already hard growing up when I don't dress girly, why do I have to have stupid diabetes also.
The boys come up to me and ham steals my candy.
"Hey," I said, "really? Sugar at 8:30 in the morning?" Benny asks.
"Yes, I need it." I said, I really do.
Nobody knows that I have diabetes except for my brother, sister, mom, and Benny's mom.
"Mkay whatever, let's just play ball. We are wasting time." Benny said rolling his eyes.
"Benny-man it's 8 in the morning! We are not wasting time!" Squints says as everyone except Benny laughs.

We all got in our positions and bertram hit the ball to yeah-yeah. Then it was Timmy's turn, he hit it to smalls.
Then everyone else went. I was up to bat, Kenny threw me his heater and I busted that thing clear over the fence.
"Thanks a lot Harper." Ham said in a sarcastic tone, "yeah-yeah no we can't play no more!" Yeah-Yeah says.
"It's fine, let's go to the diner and eat." I said happily. "I guess that's the only thing to do since u ruined the game for us." Squints said glaring at me. And we started walking, but they we all talking about how I ruined the game.
"Come in guys, leave her alone." Benny said. "Awww you have to stick up for your poor girlfriend." Yeah-Yeah said stopping, I ran into him on accident causing him to fall, and I fell on top of him.
"Harper watch where your going! Imma fall and get ran over because of you." Yeah-Yeah said standing up.
"My bad, I was just thinking-" "Yeah-Yeah about Benny." He said. I rolled my eyes and pushed him towards.
Then we made it to the diner.

We walked in and the waitress lead us to a table for 10. I sat in-between squints and Benny, and across from yeah-Yeah. Bad choice Harper.
"What are you getting?" I asked Benny, I felt yeah-Yeah give me heart eyes. "Mmm the Oreo shake. How about u?"
He said, "Imma get vanilla." I said, "boring!" Benny said, poking my side. "Stoppppp." I said laughing.
I'm very ticklish.
The waitress came and took our order, and we talked. She came back with all our drinks, "why didn't u ask what i was getting?" Squints asked, trying to look sad. I laughed, "sorry my bad." "You were too busy swoonin over your boyfriend." He said smirking, I turned bright pink. "No, ew." I said looking at Benny, he dramatically put a hand over his chest,
"I'm offended." He said poking me. I laughed causing me to bump into squints, making him spill his milkshake all over.
"Stop flirting guys! You made me spill my milkshake." He said loudly while cleaning up his spill. Oops, hehe.
"I'm sorry Squints" I said, "you should be!" He said laughing while pushing me out of my chair.
And then we all walked out to the parking lot.

A/n:
I don't have anything to say except that I started a new book and this is the first chapter, lmk how u feel abt it.