11th

-harper's pov- 

once mrs rodriguez cam downstairs we all went across the street, to my house. "Mama! you ready?" I yelled as Benny picked me up and headed upstairs. "Oh hey give me 5 minutes for Cher to come home, she's gonna watch james and pais." My mom said poking her head in my room, "ok lemme get dressed and change my pump." I said quitely so Benny wouldn't hear me. and I went into my bathroom, put on a shirt and got my pump changed. What a relief. I walked into my room, "ready?" Benny asked me. "yep" I said as he picked me up and we headed downstairs where everyone was waiting. 

We all got to the Phillips's house, I looked towards Benny and he sighed as his mom rang the doorbell. him and phillips never got along because of phillips's father. and a stupid little-league team. 

Monica answered the door with a surprised look on her face, "oh hello rodriguez's and adams, what are you doing here?" She said as she spat at the last past, my mom rolled my eyes. "well monica you see your son, Lucas, hurt my daughter physically." My mom said pointing at the brace on my shin. "oh well did she deserve it, I mean it is YOUR daughter." Monica said, my mom looked furious. "well in fact no, she was just playing ball-" mama started to say, "that's the first mistake, girls aren't supposed to play ball. they are meant to cook and clean." Monica interrupted, "oh shut it old woman. you're just made that you never got to play when you were young, too busy being the maid." mrs. rodriguez said with her icy-blue eyes staring right into monica's. Benny looked at his mom shocked, then gave her a reassuring smile. "i think we should talk without your kids hearing this." Monica said leading the moms inside, while Lucas was forced to bring us into his room. away from the moms. Step 1 in the plan. perfect. 

Lucas's room

Benny's pov: 

Lucas led us into his room. I looked at harper who had a scared look on her face, I guess I would too if I was her. But i'm here to protect her from them. "so why are you losers here?" Lucas spat, "well because our moms weren't too happy to figure out that you hurt harper. and wanted to let you guys know that." I said furiously, "i'm sorry that she's too weak to be hit by a ball, that will teach her not to play and clean instead." He continued, harper's face changed from scared to pissed right after he said that. This isn't gonna be good...

Harper's pov:

I stood up from Lucas's desk chair, pissed that he said that about me. "you know what?" I said screaming at him, "you should keep your mouth closed and treat people with respect." I continued about to slap him with my crutch, but i felt a hand grab mine. Benny. Benny looked at me with a look that said 'he's bigger than you'. But I thought, screw it. I hit Lucas with my crutch right on the back of his knee, "you shouldn't do that little girl." He said regaining his balance, and grabbed my wrist. I tried to let go and he gripped my hand tighter, causing more pain so I screamed. Benny punched him in the nose, trying to make him let go of my hand. But that didn't work, Lucas punched back at benny with his free hand. Oh gosh, benny's gonna get killed. well benny was strong, Lucas was a few inches taller than him. and he was a sophmore, while benny and I were only 8th graders. I guess phillips heard my scream and ran into lucas's room, seeing that his hand was gripped tightly around my wrist. while benny was on the floor, trying to get up. "what are you assholes doing here!" Phillips said really loudly, which made Lucas turn around to face him and making him loosen his grip on my wrist. perfect timing phillips, I thought as I punched Lucas in the stomach, making him fall to floor where Benny was. I pulled Benny up from floor and phillips was standing inches away from my face, about to slap me across the cheek. but then we heard the moms coming in, "what the hell is going on here?" Monica said, phillips stepping away from me trying to act innocent. Lucas got to his feet, "well I tried to apologize and she punched me to the floor-" he began to say as benny interrupted him, "Bull-shit! look what he did to harper!" benny yelled pulling my wrist up for everyone to see the bruise starting form. My mom gasped then cursed at their family before walking out the front door with the rodriguez's following. The sandlot boys decided to go home since they heard all of us yelling and got scared, thinking the cops would show up. so they bailed. I got a text from ham explaining. I saw that Phillips looked at me innocently, i flipped him off then hobbled into the backseat of mrs. rodriguez's car. 

-end of chapter-