33th

Benny's pov:
I woke up at 9 o 'clock, Saturday's are the best. You get to sleep in and not worry about school.
I went downstairs to see a note on the counter:

Paislee went to one of her friends and I'm at work,
I will be home around 4. I think Harper is home so you can hang out with her, I also have to go to the store before I come home. Love you benjamin
-ma

I texted Harper to see what she was doing,

Me: Wanna come over? My ma's working and I'm home alone.
Harper: sure lemme get dressed.
Me: ok

I laid on the couch and turned on the dodgers game from the night before, we were going against the Yankees.
The doorbell rang about 10 minutes later, I opened it to Harper.

"Morning handsome." She said giving me a kiss, "morning babe."
"Wanna watch the game with me?" I asked, she nodded and we laid on the couch.

After about an hour of talking and watching tv, we decided to do something fun.

"Wanna bake a cake?" I asked Harper,
"um sure I guess. Can't tell ya how good it will turn out since you are helping me." She said laughing, I rolled my eyes as we found a recipe. "Perfect, a chocolate one." Harper said holding the recipe. We got all the ingredients, "Hey Benny?"
"Yeah?" "I don't think I did this right, this is flour right?" She said holding up the sugar container, I laughed.
"Harper that would be sugar. How much did you do?" I asked, she laughed. "Um 2 cups."
"Oh my you were supposed to only do a 1 cup." "We have to start over?" She said with a frown. "Yes." I said as I dumped the gross mixture away. I got a new bowl.

"Ok let's try this again, do 1 cup of that and 2 cups of flour." I said pointing to the flour and sugar.
"Well I know that now!" She said rolling her eyes, then she cracked the eggs. "Oops, I got a shell in there Benny."
"Well you are a messy and terrible baker." I said getting the egg-shell out. She flung flour at me, "no im not."

We finally got the cake in the oven and we set a timer. Both of us sat on the couch and talked some more,
"Mmmm smells good." I said, "oh yea it does." Harper said in a sad tone. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing." "No Harper you can talk to me, tell me." I said, "it's not important."
"Just tell me harper. You are so stubborn."
"Yep. Now I think the cake is done." She said standing up.
"Don't change the subject." I said following her to the kitchen.

"Are you gonna eat any?" I asked as she just looked at the piece of cake I took.
"No I'm not hungry." Harper said looking at the floor.
"Stop lying."
"I'm not," "Yes you look at the floor when you lie." I said.
She stayed quiet, "when was the last time you ate?" I asked.
More silence. "Harper?" I said again. "yeah?"
"Answer me" I said, in a calm tone.
"Oh um yesterday at lunch" Harper said quietly.

"Harper you need to eat something, your body isn't gonna work if you don't eat. And what will happen to your diabetes?" I said lifting her chin up, so she would actually look somewhere else but the floor.
"I said I'm fine, I just haven't been hungry." "Did someone say something?" I asked, she looked at the floor.
"Who" silence "Harper I said who?" I said raising my voice, she looked terrified.

Just then my mother walked in, "Hey kids. Oh whats wrong Harper?"
"Oh nothing, I'm just tired. I think I'm going to take a nap, see ya later Benny." She said walking out the front door.

"I screwed up again." I mumbled to myself as I helped carry in the groceries, aw man.

Harpers pov:
I went home and with James, mama came home at around 6pm.
We both sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Hey Harper how ya doing?" She said giving me a hug.
"good. I saw Benny and went swimming with James." I said.
"Oh good, well today was my last day of the 3 round for chemo."
"Really! That's great, so your cured?" I asked, she stayed quiet.
"No, I won't be until awhile. My body doesn't like the chemo so I have to do more rounds."
"Oh." I said quietly, my stomach grumbled very loudly then.

"Are you hungry baby?" Mama asked, "no I'm good. I think I'm going to bed." I said, it was around 10.
"Ok night Harper, love you." "Night mama love you too." I said before going upstairs and laying down on my bed.

-end of chapter-

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, something came up in my family so I haven't really had time to write this story.
Also sorry if these chapters are kinda boring. I don't really know what to write :/
But thank y'all for reading it still! :)