18th

Harpers pov:
Jess and I were talking the whole way to the sandlot, mostly about Benny, baseball, her family, my family, what happened with Phillips, and almost anything you can think of. "I really missed talking to you," I said looking at Jess as we walked onto Phillips field. "Same. Don't worry girl, I will stand up for u if Phillips does anything." She said smiling, I don't really know why we stopped hanging out. All I know is that I'm glad to have my tall blonde bsf back.
"Hey Harper." Benny said pulling me into a hug, then kissing me. "Ahhhh get a room." Squints yelled, as all the other boys were shocked. they had never seen us kiss, well at least in that type of way. Some of them whispered to each other. "Squints don't act like you didn't kiss Wendy last year!" Jess said, her and squints always made-fun of each other. "That's different." He said, "no it's not." She said while laughing.
Then Phillips's gang came up to us, "so Adams. You gonna play?- oh wait you can't." Lucas said, thinking he was the funniest person ever. "No she can't thanks to your dumb-ass hurting her." Jess said walking closer to him. Jess also hated Lucas, he asked her out one time and she denied it. So they never got along since. "Oh look who's back! Adams needs her big scary friend to stand-up for herself." Lucas said pushing Jess, "oh don't even Lucas." Jess shoved Lucas into his teammates, "we are up first." Lucas said, as Jess and I started walking towards the dugout.
"Ughh I hate that guy!" She screamed once we both sat down, "well you liked him in 3rd grade." I said giggling, she rolled her eyes and pretended to gag. "That was before he turned into a jerk!" Jess said nudging me, "playy ballll." We heard ham yell from the catchers position, "that kid still never shuts up." Jess said laughing, "oh Jess you like ham?" I said, "ewww no." "Mkay." I said rolling my eyes as we continued talking about her family.
Finallly Benny was up, score 5-4, we were winning. Benny looked at me nervously, I smiled at him then he went to hit the ball. Craaackkkkk, 2-run homer, we won. Jess and I stood up to go celebrate with the others, I got to Benny and kissed him. "Good job jet. You beat them." I said, "yeah. Let's go to the carnival!" He said, walking to the exit. "Wait up!" We all stopped and heard Phillips's voice and turned around. "What?" I said shooting a glare at him, "good game guys." He said, "bull-crap. What do you want?" Ham yelled, "well the girl." Phillips responded, "oh no not me!" Jess said, Phillips wrinkled his nose. "Not you, Adams." He said winking at me, "she's taken." Benny's said, pulling me closer. I nodded my head, "I will get you. One day." Phillips yelled, storming off. What does he mean? He better not come in between Benny and I.
All the boys went home to take showers while Jess and I went to my house. "We are backkkkk." I yelled as James came running towards us, "Jess you are here!" He screamed, pulling her into a hug. "Yeah little guy, I'm staying this time." She said, my mom came out of the kitchen from all the noise. "Omg Jess is that you?" She said, tears starting to form her eyes. They hugged for a bit. Jess was always at our house, she didn't like her parents. My mom knew her situation so she just took Jess as her 3rd daughter. I didn't mind, but sometimes Jess and my mom acted closer then me and my mom. But it's ok, Jess had a rough home life growing up.
Jess and I went up to my room to get changed, half of my closet was Jess's clothes so she didn't need to worry about not having anything to wear tonight. We both showered, got dressed, then headed downstairs. "Mama we are going to the carnival, be back in an hour or 2!" I yelled as we walked out the door, to be greeted by the rest of the boys.

We finally arrived at the carnival, Benny paid for us all. Such a gentleman. Then we all split up, "Wanna go on the bumper cars?" Jess asked ham Benny and I, "Sure." We all said as we got in-line. The 4 of us each got our own bumper car and then we went on some other rides. we were all having such a blast, until......

-end of chapter-

running to 1stजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें