6th

At the sandlot
Benny's pov:

I went to the sandlot after the pool, something just felt off about Harper lately. Is it me, did I say something? Is she mad at the boys for joking about us. I'm not sure. I threw the ball up and hit it, right over 1st base.
I heard someone come into the sandlot and I looked to see Harper walking towards me under the moon. "What are you doing here this late?" She asked me, "can't sleep." I said.
"Liar, I just came from your house."
"Why?"
"To give your sister back, do you not want her?"
"Nah you can keep her" I said laughing.
"You know I was talking with her, and she said that she would be lucky to have me as a sister!"
"Oh I bet, who wouldn't." I said the last part with sarcasm.
"Lemme see the bat,"
"No Harper your gonna hit me with it"
"No I wanna play ball"
"Oh ok I'm pitching because you suck at that"
"Oh whatever" she said sticking her tongue out at me.

About 1 hour later we both decided to go home so that we could play more ball the next day. "See ya Benny" Harper said as she kissed my cheek before running across the street to her house. Woah, she kissed my cheek. Is she ok? She acts like she hates me but kisses my cheek. Hmmm. I thought as crawled in bed thinking about Harper Kate.

Next day, July 3
Harpers pov:
I woke up around 9 and went to an empty downstairs, James was still at the Rodriguez's, Cher was either at Taylor's or Charlie's, and my mom was at work. She's always at work, never time for family. Er nurse working almost every shift even though we aren't poor, I just think she likes the busyness at work. No time to sit and think about her life, or anything really. That's why Laura was always more of a mom to our family, she worked the early morning shifts at the hospital. She was always home for dinner, their family time. Ever since Benny's dad died they don't talk much about him. I don't know much about him, all I know is that after Pais was born, he cheated on Laura and then moved away. 3 years later never visited or any calls, Laura got a call saying her ex-husband died in a car crash. They were sad but got over it, unlike my mom. When my dad left us she melted, Cher was 13, I was 10, and James was 11 months old. My mom was left alone to take care of 3 kids, herself, and keep a stable job to support us all. I don't blame her for hating my father, but she needs to pay attention to her kids more. I started crying. I hardly see her, Cher sees her every morning before both leave for work and James always sees her. I wish she was like Laura towards her kids, family dinner, movie nights, and work every morning. Not all day, mornings. My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell, I stood up, wiped my tears, and went to answer the door. It was Benny. Ahhh I'm prolly gonna scare him away. "Oh you've had a great morning I see." Benny said walking himself inside to the pantry, he grabbed goldfish and started eating it. "Yea it's not so great," I said laughing at him because goldfish was falling from his mouth. What a goofball, why do I always like the weird people? "Wanna talk about it?" He said, "no" I said looking down. "Good because we got a game against Phillips in 20 minutes." He said smirking. "Oh shit! I forgot Umm lemme get my glove." I said running upstairs, "you might wanna get dressed too" Benny yelled from the kitchen, I looked down at myself. Great spandex and a see through old white T-shirt. Amazing, every time he comes over I look like a slob. I quickly put on some light wash jeans and a white tank top with my Harper #3 jersey. And I run downstairs, I grab Benny's hand and walk towards Phillips's field. I see the rest of the boys there looking at Benny's and my hand connected, ugh here come the questions.

-end of chapter-
A/n:
I have nothungggg to sayyy