24th

the next day.

harpers pov:

I woke up to benny sleeping next to me, he looked so peaceful sleeping. i got up because today is the day my mom can hopefully come home. And i think Cher is coming home today, i'm not sure. but it's still exciting because somethings are going back to normal.

I went downstairs, to see mrs rodriguez and jess. Jess was sleeping still and laura was making breakfast. "good morning harper, there is some toast on the table." She said giving me a hug, "thanks. did you hear more news about mama?" I asked grabbing a piece of toast. "yes, she called me this morning. she can come home at noon." I smiled, it was 9:14. "You guys should go to the sandlot, the boys miss you." Laura said, I honestly forgot about them. Life just threw a curve ball to me, but right now, I feel like I'm headed for 1st base. "Ya lemme get Benny, can u wake up Jess?" I said walking up the stairs.
I walked into Benny's room without knocking, I froze. He had no shirt on, just his jeans. Man his abs, his tan colored skin, gosh he's got it all. I thought to myself, "Adams. Are you gonna stand there and stare at me?" He said laughing, I pushed him. Then he threw me on his bed and tickled me, "Benny! Stop." I said giggling, he stopped finally so I sat up, he finished getting dressed. "C'mon we are going to the sandlot today." I said standing up, "your ok to play?" Benny said following me out of his room. "I feel fine, why not?" I said running into Jess. "Ok whatever, bye ma!" He yelled as Jess and I followed him out the door.

-at the sandlot-
We got to the sandlot, the boys were playing and didn't notice us at first, then yeah-yeah looked out way. "Guys they are finally back." He yelled while all then stopped and rushed towards us, "wow they actually are?" Squints said, Benny hit him playfully.
"So why weren't you guys here the past couple days?" Smalls asked, "Well my mom passed-out in the kitchen 2 days ago, and so she went to the hospital." I said them looked at Jess for her to explain the rest. "And while Catherine was in the hospital, we found out she has cancer. So she was did her first round of chemo for the past 3 days, and yeah." Jess said, the boys were saying sorry for my mom and other stuff. Should I tell them about my diabetes?

"Um guys." I said clearing my throat, "what's up?" They all responded. Well too late now.
"I've been keeping a secret from y'all."
"What? That you and Benny are dating?" "Yeah-yeah we already knew that" they began to say and joke around.
"Well that too, but no. I have type 1 diabetes. There is no cure, I have it for the rest of my life." I said, breathing heavy. Benny and Jess both gave me a side-hug.
"Oh, when did you know?" Smalls asked, "beginning of summer." I said.
"Why didn't you tell us before?" Squints said, "I was too scared you guys would think I was sick." I responded.
"We would never think that about you." Timmy said, "never think that." Tommy repeated, I smiled.
"Wait, Ham why are you so quiet?" Bertram asked, "yeah-yeah you too kenny." Yeah-yeah asked looking their direction.
"We already knew, even before Benny." Kenny said, "Harper was at the sandlot and we heard her alert late at night, and so we asked her a bunch of questions." Ham continued, "yeah so I just told them." I said. They all gave me hugs and reassured me that if I needed anything, they would be there. Yk they seem losers to others, but they are my friends. My loser baseball team :)

"Playyyy ballll." Ham yelled as he went into the catchers position, I stood by home plate. I wasn't so sure of myself, Yea I am pretty good at baseball. But I haven't played since my injury, who knows how well I will be now?
Kenny pitched, "ball 1" ham yelled as he threw the ball back. Kenny was getting ready to throw the next pitch, "look at first base. It's Benny, he's shirtless." Ham said from behind me, denunez pitched. "He's shirtless!" Ham said, "haha strike 1." "Oh shut up Ham." I snapped, everyone laughed. The next pitch was low and inside, just how I liked 'em. Boom, homer. "Whooooohooooo." I yelled running to first, getting stopped and kissed by Benny, then ran home.

The boys congratulated me, same with Jess. I was hyped, I looked at my phone for the time; 11:34. Perfect.
"Hey guys imma go home, my mom is coming home in a bit." I said all the boys agreed, Benny gave me a kiss. "Guys that gross." "Yeah can you not?" "Too bad, deal with it." Benny said, giving me another kiss before Jess and I walked home.

He's mine, I'm his.
Nothing is more perfect than being Benny's.
I thought as we walked thru the front door of my house.

-end of chapter.-