30th

Benny's pov:
Ever since lunch today harper seemed off, well I mean amber did practically steal me away from my girlfriend. But Harper didn't seem jealous, she acted like defeated- like amber won me over. Even at the sandlot she wasn't playing as good, then her and yeah-yeah took off. I would have gone after them, but amber asked me to go to the diner with her and her family. I lied and said my ma wanted me home, amber shook it off and left.

The rest of the boys also left, probably not wanting anything to do with me. No one likes amber at the sandlot, not even me. Well that's how it used to be. I don't mind her but she's annoying af, and I already have a girlfriend. One that she keeps me away from. I took Paislee to the park and we hung out until dark, then we went home, Paislee went in first and I saw Harper sitting on her porch bench.

"Paislee I'll be inside in a bit." I said walking towards harpers porch.
"Hey Harper, are you ok?" I asked sitting next to her, "um yea I'm fine." She said then quickly looked back down.
"Your lying, what's wrong?" I said, "well the truth?" I nodded.

"Well I have a boyfriend that was hanging out with my enemy all day today, I feel like he doesn't love me anymore. All my friends are saying that we will figure it out and how it will work out- but I don't know how to make that happen. This other guy keeps trying to get with me, even tho I have made it clear I don't want to be with him. And I get hurt or get into fights almost everyday at school." She paused, then came tears. "I feel like my boy best friend doesn't even love me. I just ruined a good friendship just for us, by thinking he would actually like me, I guess I was just his summer fling."

We both sat in silence.

"No, no. You are not just a summer fling, Harper listen. Amber was pulling me away from you and I tried to stop her but she kept saying 'oh you hate me just like the rest. You don't even feel sorry that my sister is in the hospital' and all that shit. But no, I do love you. Truly." I said looking at her for a response.
"Do you mean that? Like actually." Harper said, not believing me 100 percent.

"Yes I do. And I always will." I gave her a kiss, "oh I missed that feeling." I said she agreed.

"Harper have you ever thought about your future?" I asked as she laid her head on my shoulder, we were looking st the stars from her porch. "Um no why?" She said confused. "Have you?"

"Yeah. I picture a girl, small-hmmm toddler stage. She looks like her beautiful mama with her dada's eyes, I can hear her squealing that her dad is home from baseball practice. It would be about 10pm but that's ok, because you let her stay up so she can say goodnight to dada. Then we would tuck our little darling daughter into bed. We would go to bed because I had a rough day on the field and you did too by watching evita. I would kiss you goodnight then kiss your stomach goodnight. Because inside there, would be a little baby that we would get to welcome into this world in about-hmmm 4 more months." I paused, "how does that sound?" I said.

"Oh wow, you really got that planned out." Harper said, "I love it. But I am the mom right?" She said laughing.
"Yep, mama to evita and whoever else we welcome." I said, "why evita?" She questioned.
"It was my grandmas name and I don't know, I just think it's a pretty name. Just like you." I said giving her another kiss.

"Harper come in you got school tomorrow, shooo Benny." Cher said interrupting our moment, Harper rolled her eyes.
"Love you Benny." Harper said giving me a kiss then walking inside, wow. That was good to get cleared up.

I walked home and went straight to bed, because that next morning I was going to tell amber to piss off and leave me alone. For good.

I guess I was just a summer fling- pshhhhhh nah, harper is my forever, truly.

-end of chapter-