5th

At ice cream with Pais
We sat down at the booth to eat our ice cream,
"Harpie?"
"Yah?"
"I think you like Benny"
"Umm why do you think that?"
"Because you look at him differently, than all the other boys"
"Paislee wanna know something?"
"Yesss"
"You are very smart for a 9 year old."
"I know, but you like Benny"
"What if I do. He doesn't like me back."
"You never know"
"Mmkay I doubt that"
"Make the first move on him"
"Who taught you this?!"
"Squints"

"Oh doesn't surprise me, ok let's get you home before it's too late." I said picking up Pais because she looked sleepy, "ok but you still like Benny right?" She said lifting her head up, "Sure." I said going along with her plan, "now we can really be sisters once you guys are married." She said laying her head back down on my shoulder. Once you guys are married.. did she hear Laura's and my conversation? Or is this Squints talking with her, I'm not sure. Do people think we would get married? That's funny, and very hard to believe not in my eyes tho.
I walked up to the steps of Benny's house, it was around 9:45. His mom answered the door, " I was worried about you two." She said taking her daughter from my arms, "we were getting ice cream and then we talked for awhile. Sorry" I said, "it's ok. Wanna come in? James is already sleeping on Benny's bed, he hasn't came home since you guys went for ice cream." Laura said soundly a little worried, "Sure." I said, "James can stay here if you want," Laura said "thank you, I  will find benny for you," I said as I walked out the door, and went to the sandlot. Sure enough there he was. Benny throwing the ball up to hit, boom. Right over 1st base...

-end of chapter-
A/n:
Sorry for this short chapter.
-paige