25th

harper's pov:

Jess and i walked in the front door, we heard the tv blasting music. James was in the kitchen eating the snack my mom made him, "mama!" i said then ran and gave her a hug, same with jess. "hey girls." she said giving us a kiss on the forehead, i was just glad mama came home. she told us she would be staying with us until the next time she had chemo, which was in a few more weeks. we all watched tv, movies, ate popcorn, played some games until night. then Cher came home from her trip, she said hello and was very happy mama was back- mrs rodriguez called and told her on Cher's way home. then we went to bed because it was around midnight, "i had fun today." Jess said, "thanks for making me apart of your family harper." she said, "of course. you are literally my best friend, that's what we do." I said turning off the lights, and i went to bed.

-fast foward towards the beginning of august-

"I can't believe it's the first day of school already." Jess said as we were walking to the bus stop, "like where has summer gone?" She continued. "I don't know. It's gone by too fast tho." I said as I saw the sandlot boys approach us. "Hey babe" Benny said, giving me a kiss. Again everyone complained, "oh shut up." I said, Benny laughed. The bus came and we all got on, I was following Benny to his seat when freaking amber decided to trip me in the walkway. "Hey watch it." I hissed, giving her a glare. "Oh if it isn't Harper the little boyfriend stealer." Amber said, I rolled my eyes then sat beside Benny. "Whats her problem?" He said laughing, "just to be the little bitch she is." I said rolling my eyes as the bus started moving.
I was staring out the window for awhile, Sophomore year here we come. I thought as we pulled up to the school. Jess and I walked to science which was our first period, we sat next to each other because why not.
"Did you see that hot dude in the halls?" Jess whispered, "yea Benny." I said smirking.
"No idiot, the new kid. Jackson." She said nodding her head towards a tall kid sitting at the table across from us.
"He's okay." I said, remembering about Benny.
"Just ok? Ok?" Jess whisper-yelled.
"Yes, I have a boyfriend already. You know Benny." I said giving her the 'duh' look, she rolled her eyes. "Whatever."
Then the bell rang, next period: algebra 2.

I walked up to ham because I remembered he had 2nd period with me.
"Ass-licker, we are gonna be late!" Ham said as he pulled me towards the door to room 42. "SoRrY" I said slapping him.
That class went by pretty slow, it was boring.
The bell finally rang, next period: chemistry with Benny.

Benny and I went to chemistry together, we walked in and no surprise! Amber was sitting there in her pretty pink dress, probably trying to impress Benny. "Hey Benny-boo, over here." She said batting her eyelashes, "uhhh thanks I'm good. I'm sitting by Harper today," he said nodding towards me as we sat down. "Hehe someone's got a crush on you Benny-boo." I said immatating amber, benny rolled his eyes. "Over my dead-body. I would never go with her." He said loud enough for her to hear, she scoffed then went back to twirling her hair. I looked around the room to see that new kid jackson staring at me, it was awkward so I smiled then went back to daydreaming. The bell rang: lunch finally.

All the boys sat down at a table, Jess and I joined them. "I'll be right back, I gotta get my lunch from my locker." I said getting up. I went out to the hallway to see freaking amber, "oh? Escaping your pathetic friend group?" She said giggling, "no I'm getting my lunch as you can see." I snapped opening my locker, then grabbed my lunch. Amber slammed it shut, making a loud noise. "Are you trying to make me scared of you?" I said, "no. Just watch out, you stole Benny from me and you will pay." She said then skipped away, little bitch. Bring it.

I went back to the cafeteria and talked with the gang, then the bell rang. Oh great next is pe.
Yeah-yeah, Bertram, Ham, Jess, and I all had pe together. Good people, I just hate amber being in there.
Jess and I went into the locker rooms to change and we ran into amber, "watch it hoe." She shrieked, "Whatever bitch." Jess said. "What did you say?" "You heard me." Jess said, i just stood there. "You two better watch yourselves, I can get you into some trouble." Amber said, trying to be scary. Well the only thing scary about her is her obsession with Benny, and her smeared lip-gloss. "Whatever, move." Jess said pushing her out of the way, we walked past her but amber decided to hit my shoulder and she smirked. Ew she's scary.

During pe we played kickball, my team was Bertram, Ham, yeah-yeah, Jess, me, and about 3 other people. The other team had amber and her little minions. My turn to kick, Amber was playing 1st base. I kicked the ball super hard, boom. Amber knocked down, she shrieked. "Omg you brat! You did this on purpose, coach! Help me. Harper kicked the ball at me on purpose!" She yelled, the coach looked at her then me. I had an innocent annoyed look on my face, so he believed me and told amber to suck it up and play. "Ugh that's not fair! I'm going to kill you." Amber shrieked again, I stood on 1st base. "You know You are probably just Benny's summer fling. I mean who would want to date you-" she said looking at me with disgust, that's enough of this brat. I'm taking her down.

I turned around and punch her right in the nose, where I kicked the ball at her a few minutes ago. "Omg you bitch! She just punched me coach!" Amber screamed again, ugh so annoying, what a brat. The coach ran over to us again, "Harper Adams go to the office right now!" He yelled at me, "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and walked to the office. I felt amber smirking at me, am I really just Benny's summer fling? I mean he didn't even talk to me at lunch. What if he already met someone better? I thought as I walked into the principals office.
"Miss Adams, why are you here today?" Principal Jerkins said. "Well Amber was being a brat and said some mean things about me in pe, so I turned around and punched her." I said all in one breath. "Oh amber? Really?" He said, "yes. She was saying things that weren't true about me, she's been bullying me all day sir." I said, that was the truth. "Ok well you can get your stuff, you are going home for the day." "Oh ok." I replied, I did the right thing- stood up for myself. Mamas not gonna be too happy about this reason, amber and I never got along. Ever since 5th grade- I told her I liked Benny, but apparently she liked Benny since 2nd grade. And that wasn't ok for me to like him, but Benny and I got closer so she got pissed and never liked me since.

"And I will have a talk with amber about what she said as well." Principal jerkins said as I walked out his door, "thank you sir." I said, "no problem. Please come back with a better attitude tomorrow though please?" He said, "yes. I will." I walked all the way home, I also texted Jess what happened. I freaking am proud of what I did, someone needed to put amber in her place. And I'm glad it was me, not Jess. She would have killed amber if it was up to her.

"Why are you home early?" Mama said, "no reason." I said quickly walking upstairs. "Eh eh eh, sit." Mama said pointing to the couch, uh oh.

-end of chapter-

A/n:
K I'm so bad at updating.. but thank y'all for over 100 views!
I'm not a good writer but I think I'm improving. So lmk if you guys have suggestions.

-paige-