Chapter 7

His voice was deep and sexy. I couldn't help but think of him under different circumstances. But when I started to go too far, I pulled myself back, remembering he was a criminal or at least acting like one. His voice sent shivers up my spine, though. I felt tingling all over my body. I shouldn't be feeling like this. Under different circumstances, I wouldn't mind, but he had kidnapped us, even if he wasn't the mastermind.

A few moments pass, and it goes silent. I waited a few minutes to see if he would break in, but he didn't. He left me alone, like he said. Only leaving one guard at the door. Even if I did want to help him, I felt I could never be friends with him.  Derek was assisting a criminal, and he kidnapped us, so he would have been considered a criminal.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, realizing I wouldn't sleep. I had too much on my mind.  For starters, my sisters and the guys. And the other was Derek and this whole thing. It was too much for me to sleep on. I got up from the bed in the T-shirt and boxers I had worn before. I had socks on, but I needed regular house shoes. I walked over to the door. And knocked on it. A few seconds later, one of the guards opened the door. He was a black man. Big and bulky.

"You need something," he said. I crossed my arms.

"I want to go see the library," I said. He rolls his eyes, looking at the watch he is wearing.

"At two in the morning, for what," he asks. I sigh, placing my hands on my hips.

"Because I can't sleep, and I would like to read, so maybe I can fall asleep," I said. He sighs.

"Alright, come on," he said, grabbing me by the arm.

He led me to the library. The night air made it hard for me not to shiver. Chicago, at night, was cold. And the guard continued moving me forward. I tried to keep up, but being pulled so fast, I lost my footing. The guard noticed and balanced me. I thanked him, but he just continued to pull me along. Once we reached the library, the guard shoved me inside, telling me to yell if I wanted to go back. I hit the floor with my knees.

He was rough. I don't know if he knew that, but he was being forceful with me. But to be fair, I was 5'2 and 120 pounds. So I was small. Any amount of force would knock me over. But I should have taken karate or something. I was stout enough to defend myself but not from big guys like him. And I stood up, brushing myself off. There was another guard in the library. He noticed me; he was a white man, around 35-38 years old. He walks over.  He's handsome, with blonde/brown hair and blue eyes.

"Are you okay," he asks, helping me, which was unusual for these guards. I nod to him.

"Sorry about Him, he's a bit rough; I'm Wesley," he said, extending a hand. Could you clarify for me?

"We've been ordered to be as gentle as possible; I guess Kasey doesn't understand the meaning," he said, chuckling. He had a nice smile. He seemed so lovely. I knew looks could be deceiving, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"Addison, and it's okay, I'm fine," I said. He seemed genuine. He nods.

"Well, Mr. Sanchez gave us strict orders to be gentle, so I guess I'll be speaking to him about Kasey," he said. I scoff, chuckling at the same time.

"No, it's fine," I said, "really, I'm okay."

"If you're sure, so couldn't sleep," he said. I nod. Weren't guards usually guarding? Instead of talking to us about our sleeping habits. This guard was curious about me sleeping.

"I said some things to my sisters, and now, they are hurt because of it so that I couldn't sleep," I said, walking over to the chair. I sat down. The guard found a wooden chair and dragged it over to sit before me. I accepted the nice gesture. He wanted me to talk to him; maybe he was trying to help me. But if he wanted to help, he could get me out of here.

"So, you hurt their feelings; it can't be that bad," he said. But he was wrong. Telling them they were spoiled and needed to start helping was rude. And I knew that, but it wasn't a lie.

"Yeah, I guess it wasn't that bad, but I still felt bad about it; they were so heartbroken, but Derek was right," I said. I did not mean to bring his name up.

"So the boss said something first, and you told them because you felt he was right?"

"Yeah, that happened, and now I can't sleep."

"Hmm, my remedy for this is usually the shower water running," he said, making me laugh. He smiled, too.

"There ya go, smile; all women are more beautiful when they smile," he said. I grinned, blushing. Was he flirting with me? I thought he was, or just being friendly. Maybe he was a friend and a genuine friend.

"Is it bad that I want to switch Kasey for you," I said. He shrugged. He must've understood. Kasey was so harsh with me, and he threw me inside the library. If I had it my way, I wouldn't have Kasey back. But that was just a thought.

"I'll ask the boss. I'm sure he wouldn't care giving you a guard who won't push you in the door," he said. I smile and nod. He clears his throat, standing up as I yawn without realizing it. Talking to Wesley had caused me to tire out.

"Listen, I'll talk to him, you go on to bed, maybe I'll see you in the morning," he said. I nod.

He helps me out of the chair and walks me to the door. He wraps on the door for me. He was so lovely. Couldn't they all be like this? He was trying to help me and not shoving me to the floor. The door opens, and Kasey steps in with the same look. Wesley touches my arm and looks at Kasey.

"Listen, be gentle with her; remember what the boss said," Wesley said. Kasey nods once in understanding and places a hand on my arm, not gripping it. Wesley waves to me and closes the library door behind me.

Something about him seemed familiar, though. Or at least his voice did. I had never seen Wesley around before. Kasey led me back to my room, where he opened the door for me and didn't shove me in this time; he just let me walk in myself. He shut the door behind me. And I relaxed.

Inside the room was a lovely surprise, though.  The shower was running, making me wonder who was in the shower. This was Derek's room, but Derek had given me space. It could've been Derek, though. What better place to take a shower than his bathroom? I wasn't going to stay awake and find out. I crawled into the bed and closed my eyes.

The morning came too Quickly, though. I woke up with the sun On my face. I wiped my face and got out of bed. I dressed in my usual outfit. It was time we had new businesses. Someone should have thought to grab us some clothes or something. I had one company, and my dress was in the van. I start to knock on the door until the door opens. And there stands Wesley.

"Say hello to your new personal guard."