Chapter 44

Hmm, weird. I knew she knew who Derek was, but did she know me? Or was it just because it was on the news? Derek stiffened like someone had just given him a drill. I didn't move. She looks down at Faith and back at Dani. I could see this wasn't going to go over well.

"Why is there a wolf in my building," she asks. Dani looks at me.

"Well, ma'am, this wolf could help us against Lee should we devise a plan to capture him; this is Faith. She's a guard for Addison," she said. Still standing straight. The woman nods.

"Hm, my name is Director Nelson; you may call me That," she told us.

"Come with me," she said. As we followed her, I noticed many agents in the building. The feds may have wanted us, but the CIA was full of people willing to take Lee down. Derek stayed close to me. As did my sisters. Noah and Matthew walked by Jake and Wesley.

We reached what looked like a conference room. There was a very long table with chairs all around. Around ten or twelve people could fit around this table. We were all told to go and take a seat. So we did just that. Faith lay at my feet. Nelson didn't like that. But she didn't say anything about her yet.

"My name is Marie Nelson. I'm the director here; we've been watching your nemesis, Lee, for a while; we got wind of a laundering problem and hospital laboratory equipment going missing, but what takes the cake is that he called the FBI with hookups. And he wants you all captured," she stopped, sitting at the table. No one dared speak.

"Now, Lee is powerful, but we can get him; he hides, but we will draw him out with Derek and Addison," she said. I raised my hand. Derek shook his head at me. Dani too. Nelson didn't seem to mind.

"Yes, Addison," she said. Now was my chance.

"I knew I was going to be a big part of this, but we weren't told Derek would be in the line of danger, too," I said. She nods.

"Well, he will assist you; you will need someone there to back you," she said. I bit my tongue after that. I didn't want to push my luck. She was nice this time. Next time, she may not be so lovely. I sat silently, listening to her discuss where they'd spotted Lee or his men. I was interested in something other than hearing what they've learned. I just wanted to know what the plan was.

"So, Addison, you and Mr. Sanchez will work together. We set up a meeting time with Lee and keep a low profile, but we stay close; when we have what we need, we will move in and make our arrest," she said. But what was the plan? Did she know how to contact him? Was there a subtle way of doing that?

"Okay, but how do we contact him without him getting suspicious," Dani asks. She sighs, standing up. And she comes around the table, passing everyone up except for me.

"We send her out in the street," she said. Derek's head snapped at her.

"Over my dead body," he said. I look at him. Did he say that he is the director of the CIA?

"Mr. Sanchez, he wouldn't come out unless she was in plain sight; if it's you, they'll know something is up; we can pretend she's shopping at a local merchant stand, keep close once his team sees her. He will be alerted, and more than likely will come down himself," she says. He scoffs.

"You are not sending her out there alone to bait a psychopath; he wouldn't believe it anyway," he said. Wesley raised his hand. Nelson looks at him.

"He wouldn't, actually, but there is one thing he would go for," he said. She sighs and hands the floor to him.

One and Derek have worked for him for years, regrettably, but we did, and he is not keen on coming out into the sun; we meet him at night, somewhere disclosed, the CIA can hide, and we will hold Faith until we see him about to act," he said. Derek nods.