Chapter 14

I said that. I said that. And I walked away, knowing I knew where to get his information. The pants I had on last night had the number in them. If it was Lee, then it was someone he knew. So I was going to find it. Wesley tried stopping me, but I shoved him off and ran as fast as possible to Derek's room, where he wasn't. And grabbed my pants. I dug inside to see if it was still there, and luckily, it was. So I grabbed the number and ran down to the office.

Derek wasn't in there either, but he wasn't far away. I pick the phone up, get the number, and place it on the desk. I wasn't going to let Derek tell me what to do. I liked him, he'll. I even think I loved him, and he wasn't going suicidal on me. As soon as the phone rang twice, a male picked up again.

"Sanchez.."

"Actually, no, is this Lee Perez," I ask. He chuckles on the phone.

"You called me last night and hung up, Addison Williams," he said. I was right.

"Yes, yes, it's me. Is this Lee?"

"It is; it's nice to hear your voice," he said. About that time, Derek comes through the door.

"Yeah, listen, I'm getting straight with you; I'm not scared of you; Derek is an idiot and has a death wish. I'm a girl with a mission, and you are that mission. Me fine, threaten the people I care about, and I will end you," I said. Derek rushed over to the desk.

"What the hell are you doing," he asked. I put my hand in front of his face.

"Well, you are a brave girl; I like you; I'll tell you what, I know Sanchez is there; put me on speaker."

I placed him on speaker phone, where Derek apologized and told him I didn't know what I was doing. But Lee laughs.

"Yeah, she has fired Derek. I like her; she cares for you, I can see that. I'll tell you what: I want to meet you, Addison. How about in two weeks? Is that okay with you," he said. Derek puts his head down and covers his mouth.

"Yeah, it is actually; where do I meet you," I asked Derek, throwing his hands up. He needed to chill. I'm not stupid.

"Meet me at the old warehouse on first and main two weeks from today at one o clock, and we will talk then," he said. I agree.

"Derek, I had high hopes for you," he said before the line clicked. Derek sat in his chair, hands on his mouth. Like he was too upset to talk, and maybe he was, but I wasn't some childish little girl.

"Well, I suppose we better get ready," I said. Derek shoots me a look.

"You are unbelievable. Do you have any idea what you have done," he asks me. But I didn't know, and I didn't care.

"All I know is I'm not letting you go in alone," I said. He snickers at me.

"Right, so sending yourself into the fire makes it better," he said. I shrugged. He shakes his head.

"Is this a game to you? You are in real danger," he said.

"So, like last night when two men were chasing me while you were god knows where," I said. He drops his hands.

"That's not fair," he said. I nod.

"It's fair when you're right; I don't abandon the people I care about, Derek. No matter what," I said. He stands up.

"Then stop caring because you're going to get yourself killed," he said. I leaned across the desk.

"That's like asking someone to stop loving someone; you can't," I said. He leaned across his face close to mine.

"Then learn how to because this is suicide," he said. But I wanted more than that out of him. He needed to be open with people. And stop being afraid to say what he means.