Chapter 48

The following day, I woke in Derek's arms. It was eight-thirty in the morning, and the sun was shining. I slept pretty well, considering I almost died. I remembered what Derek told me about the club and knew the girls would be up soon. I would meet them in the hall, and we could eat breakfast together and talk to them about it. I didn't know what they would say, but I knew they would urge me to do it.

I walk into the kitchen with my head held high. My sisters are already chowing on some breakfast. Today's menu consisted of Western-style omelets and toast with fruits. The cooks outdid themselves. But we were down to earth, so having a standard-style breakfast made sense. 

"Come and join us," Chloe says. I did as she asked. I sat down beside her at the table. I began pepping myself up to talk with them, but just as I started to open my mouth, Derek popped in.

"Did you ask them yet?"

"Ask us what," Riley asks. I look at Derek side-eyed. He bites the inside of his lower lip.

"Sorry," he says. I sigh, knowing I have no choice now but to tell them. They both watch me, eyes like daggers.

"Derek has bought a building for a club, and he wants us to run it and keep the revenue," I spit. I finally braced myself for the following words but overestimated them.

"And you want us to what, be the owners or the bartenders, what's happening here," Riley asks. I look at Derek. Help!

"I was hoping you'd run it; Addison is a lawyer. She can handle the legal stuff, Riley can be the bartender therapist, and Chloe can be the in-house nurse because bars attract some weird people, and fights will break out."

The girls stopped mid-way through and looked astounded.

"Um, we aren't qualified," Chloe says. Riley agreeing. Derek places his hands on my shoulder and squeezes them. 

"Then this will be good news; Addison can make it legal by signing a paper that states you three are legal to run a bar," he says. Shockingly, he was right. It wasn't like I couldn't make it legal.

"I'm in; I need a purpose," I state. Faith runs in about that time. And Derek looks at one of the head chefs.

"Give her an inlet with no peppers, just eggs and cheese; she deserves it," he says, making us laugh silently. Riley sighs.

"If Faith is there to keep the wilder crew away, then I'm in, but Addison, Faith is your purpose; she chose you, don't forget that," she says. Chloe nods.

"I'm in, and what she said," she said, taking another bite.

Derek smiles and nods, excusing himself. Faith eats her omelet. It's not like we didn't have a purpose, but I wanted more. Something I could say I did on my own. He may have bought the building, but we could run it. And it would be ours. So the name would be up to us.

The day consisted of signing papers and hanging with Faith and Derek. It was fun, though. We walked briefly around the villa, and then it started to flurry with snow. Christmas wasn't far away, but we still had a few weeks. And I wasn't sure what to get Derek or the girls. Or even Noah and Matthew. And I needed to see Dani. So the following day, I would.

When morning finally came again, I headed out. Derek said he'd meet me there. I took Faith, too. They might be strict on dogs. But Wesley and Dani might be open to chatting with security. So I took her. Plus, she was a great lookout. And if anyone tried to pull anything, she would stop them.

The hospital was quiet. More than usual. But it was early. Everyone was probably still asleep or too tired to say anything. The rooms weren't as busy as usual. Wesley met me just inside with Faith on her leash. I had already texted him earlier.