Chapter 45

Oh no. Derek heard him talking to me. I know Tyler was only being friendly, but Derek was jealous. And he got that way with Wesley, too. But he was friends with Wes. He was not friends with Tyler. And this would be awkward unless I made them get along. Tyler looked behind him, turning to face Derek. He smirked.

"You know, pretty boy gets old, hot head," he said. Derek squints his eyes, smiling sarcastically before his face drops again.

"Okay, guys, this is ridiculous, Derek. Tyler is being friendly, and Tyler Derek is just being, well, Derek," I said. Derek stood in his tracks.

"Yeah, he's being too friendly; you realize she's with someone," Derek says. Tyler shrugs.

"Yet they aren't here comforting her, trying to make her smile and ease her concern, wonderful boyfriend she's got," he said. Derek clenches his fists, but I step in front of him and between him and Tyler.

"Listen to me, both of you, Derek, yes, just helping me, nothing more than that; go cool off," I say. He doesn't move.

"Derek, go," I said. He looks down at me. My eyes filled with anger from him trying to pick a fight. He releases his fists and nods. Faith moves between us. He finally looks at Tyler and then leaves us alone.

He got too jealous. I didn't want anyone else but him. But he was so aggravating. Tyler tried holding his composure, but after that, it would be hard for me. I turned to look at him. I didn't know him, but he was excellent. And for Derek to be rude to him was beyond pathetic because Derek didn't know him either.

"Listen, I'm sorry about him. We are together, and he's-"

"Controlling, territorial, and jealous," he said. I nod. He sighs.

"Listen, I'm not the guy to just get between someone; I get you to have feelings for him, even if he kidnapped you; he changed, I'm guessing, but Derek had a bad history of outrage; his chart is so large, be careful with him, and if he does get too out of hand, lashing out or getting physical find me, I'll deal with him," he said. I nod. He excuses himself.

Did he think Derek would hit me? Did he think he would get physical with me? Derek had never offered to hit me or raise his hand to me. But if it ever did, it would be the only and last time. No man was going to lay a hand on me; I wasn't the same woman I was before he kidnapped me.

When the group gathered again around five-thirty, we went over the plan. Get him talking. If he tries anything, we will unleash Faith. She would hold him off until the CIA arrested him. If anyone in the FBI was still good, we could hand him over, but unfortunately, that wouldn't happen yet. Hopefully, everything will work out for us. We decided to arrive an hour early; he was a scheduled man, so he'd be on time. But we would set up a safe perimeter around me. So that if something happened, they would release Faith in time.

The car ride over was tedious. Both Tyler and Derek were glaring at each other. But I didn't say anything. I was too nervous. What if Lee found out what we were doing? What if this went the opposite of how we wanted, and someone got hurt? This was terrifying. Derek cleared his throat before talking to anyone. To alert us that he was about to say something. Nelson, Dani, Derek, Tyler, Wesley, and I were the only ones in the vehicle. And, of course, Faith. The others rode in the one behind us.

"So, I would like to apologize for my Ill behavior earlier; Addison deserves to have someone else in her corner," he said. Not looking at Tyler. And Tyler scoffs.

"Right, well, just because she has friends doesn't mean she's interested in anyone else. Besides, I can see how she looks at you," he said, looking at me. It made me blush. And Derek had noticed his sudden change in attitude.