Prologue

I guess I was born for being hated, tortured and afflicted. Neither I am perfect nor my life. It's a bit messy with untold truths, unexpressed love and undone experiences. My life is bounded with debts and part time working in resturant.

My parents never showed a little affection or love towards me. They have been treating me like a old doll which is laying down in the corner of a store room and is all rusted and dirty. And my friends? Haha. I don't have any friends unfortunately. *exhale deeply* *eye roll*

They have been taking money from a secret Mafia King. I give em all my money I earn from my part time job. But I don't know, still, the debt is unpaid. I'm hella tired and exhausted now. How many days I've to give them money and starve to death? I'm so sick of it now.

I'm good in studies. So, for that only they accept me as their daughter. I don't know if I look good or not because nobody has ever said to me. Leave it! I just came back from school, being stressed. My shoulders are paining.

I heard some chattering of my mom. So I sneak-peek to her room to listen the conversations. It's not a good thing but I think I've heard something. Something related about this debt and all.

Concentrating, I heard her saying, "No! How could you do this? She's our only daughter. We can't sell her to you guys". Sell her? But- why? Why would they sell me?

Hauh? No way they're going to do this just because all this stupid debt.

I went to her room, being surprised. She spoke nothing so I broke the silence. "May I know why you want to sell me?". She faced me with quick footsteps and a scowl on her face.

"Just for you! For you we still have much debt to pay. If you wouldn't born, we wouldn't be facing this shit now", she shouted.

"But I pay my own bills momma-"

"Stop calling me that!"

"Whyyy!!!"

"Because I hate being called Momma. I hate you. I hate the idea of having you. I-", she burst into tears.

No. I'm not gonna comfort her or something. She never loved me and now.. she's planning to sell me? Huh? Just for their loans and debts?

"Stop crying. I did everything for you and your loans. I worked hard all night to pay the debts but you still taking more loans. I'm just 16 mom! You hate me, I also hate you. I also hate to be your daughter-"

I got slapped hard on my cheeks by my mom. I stayed mute. I took a deep breathe and went to my room. I sank into my bed, crying. I don't wanna live anymore. There's nothing to do in life now.
.

.

.

.

.
NEXT DAY~

I'm coming back from my work place, where I've been working for 1 year. Yes. It's hard to manage studying and working on the same time, but I've to do it in order to--

I felt strange. People say I've sixth sense. I'm feeling like something's going to happen with me. It's past 10pm. I'm walking alone through a dark, silent road with my cycle and side bag. I don't usually go from this way, but since construction is going on other road, I had to take this way.

A large black car stopped infront me. I stopped walking being totally shuddered. Two big men with black mask, came out of the car. They grabbed my arms and tried to make me go inside of the car. The heck--

I tried to free myself as I kicked on one of their ball and punched the other one in his face, fiercely. I left my cycle there only and started running. They started following me too. My heart stopped when they tried to shoot my leg, but failed. I immediately went inside of a convenient store. It is still opened.

A old lady, maybe the owner of the store blinked twice at me. Gasping breathe I said, "Help! I need your help".

"Sorry, but we're closing now child", she said.

I go infront of her and whispered breathing fastly, "Bad peoples are coming. They're trying to kidnap me. So--"

Someone entered the store as she said, "Sorry we're closed for now" and I whispered to her, "BAD PEOPLES!"

"Sorry but I don't need anything. Can you please let me talk to the girl?", The man said.

"Why you need to do that-", she stopped speaking. "Noo!", She whispered enough loud. I turned my gaze at her as I saw the man pointed the gun to her head. He looked at me and said, "Fucking come with me, otherwise this old woman is dead".

She looked at me, begging for help. I- what to do? I stepped closer, grabbing a bottle of glass behind my back pretending that I'm surrendering. He took back the gun from her head.

"Good that you surrendered", he said, smirking.

"Yeahhh...", I mumbled and immediately hit the glass and it broke into his head. Blood ran down from his head and he collided on the ground. I grabbed the old woman and ran.

What a horrible time it was.  I don't know what is more waiting for me.

Andrea Handerson (Monica Bellucci)